2006 G T Transmission Blues

bmart1988.wm

Mar 19, 2015
OK new to this forum so I don't know how to post stuff just yet but my car is an automatic and sometimes when I stop it stalls out when I put it in reverse it hesitates then jerks into gear sometimes when I go to take off it will just rev up catch a gear jerk and go on when I'm on the highway at 75 or 80 mph it will seemingly come out of gear and redline then catch whatever gear its supposed to be in I've heard several different things it could be I cleaned the tps and mass air sensor and it wasn't doing it as bad then I got stuck the other night by accident and the problem came back even worse no check engine light or anything what could this problem be and what kind of advice or knowledge can be given here thanks

• Sponsors (?)

OK new to this forum so I don't know how to post stuff just yet but my car is an automatic and sometimes when I stop it stalls out when I put it in reverse it hesitates then jerks into gear sometimes when I go to take off it will just rev up catch a gear jerk and go on when I'm on the highway at 75 or 80 mph it will seemingly come out of gear and redline then catch whatever gear its supposed to be in I've heard several different things it could be I cleaned the tps and mass air sensor and it wasn't doing it as bad then I got stuck the other night by accident and the problem came back even worse no check engine light or anything what could this problem be and what kind of advice or knowledge can be given here thanks

Ok... if you tell me the year of your car, I will get you pointed in the right direction. :)

I can tell you that none of the things you've mentioned trying, are not your problem.

I'd bet a dollar that you have a transmission issue. I've updated your thread title. Hopefully someone will be along shortly that knows your car very well.

Sounds like you have two issues:
1. Stalling - this is most likely an engine issue. Make sure the intake tract is clean, so check the TPS and MAF again and clean the throttle body.You could try running a bottle of fuel system cleaner through as well for good measure.
2. Delayed reverse/slipping/stalling - this is probably a trans issue. First thing is to check fluid level - if I remember correctly, this should be done at idle, in park - with the trans warm. Low fluid level can make a trans do all kinds of funky :poo:. If that's not the issue, then I would suspect worn components in the transmission and/or solenoids that need replacing. Best bet would be to find a reputable transmission shop to diagnose.

Hope this helps