2006 Gt Engine Swap

69Moosetang

Dec 8, 2014
Hey folks, I'm new here so bear with me please. A friend of mine trashed the 4.6 3 valve in his '06 GT Conv. He bought a crate motor from Advance Auto and ask me and a friend to do the swap. Amazingly, all went well and 'new' engine started right up and ran smooth. After about 10 minutes or so it missed, missed again and cut off. I turned the key off, checked for any leaks, checked fluid levels and re-started. Engine cranked right up and ran like a champ. After a few minutes, the miss come back, and the check engine light came on. I hooked up my scan tool and it showed 'camshaft position sensor, bank 2". We installed both new camshaft position sensors and still have the same issue. Engine runs smooth when cold and starts missing and stalls when warmed up. New thermostat installed with new coolant. Please help!! Thank you

• Sponsors (?)

Also make sure you didn't damage the wiring harness. If a wire grounds out now and then it could do that too. I agree with TimJimmy on checking the alternator, incorrect voltage can throw strange codes.