2007 Mustang Gt. Clutch Noise

webster454

May 13, 2015
I have a 2007 mustang gt with jlt cai,4.10 gears,sct tune and has spec stage 1 clutch. I get this noise when i go to start the car in the morning. I push the clutch in turn car on gear in neutral. The i let my foot of the clutch and let it idle for a few minutes before i leave. But when it is idling with foot off of clutch there is a light rattle kinda noise and when i put the clutch down to the floor it goes away then when i go to put it in gear it gets louder to where you can hear it outside the car. When it is in neutral you can only hear it inside the car. But when i put it in gear and i start to let off the clutch the noise gets quieter. And every now and then there will be a weird squeaking noise and i push the clutch in and out real fast and the squeak goes away. I just wonder if something is loose or the clutch cable is not adjusted right and it is not releasing it all the way. Also only on cold start there will be a noise like exhaust rattle but when i push clutch in it goes away also. Really need answers it might have a light weight flywheel which i know can cause a noise similar to this. but i dont know if it has a lightened flywheel.

• Sponsors (?)

I just had the spec clutch plate, pressure plate, bearing, slave, carrier and gears replaced. Had th2 same squeal and squeaks for almost two months. It seems to have gone away now. I was thinking that the shop forgot to grease the bearing.