2007 Mustang GT TCS light problems and Brake Light, comes on at the same time

mtgonzal

Jun 18, 2008
To whom this may concern:
I bought a 2007 Ford Mustang GT 4.6 litre automatic back in October 2007. Since then the vehicle has been at the dealer for the seventh time, to fix the same problem.
The problem: the brake warning lamp will illuminate on the console,
the Traction control active light will illuminate on the console (squiggly light),
the Traction control switch located above the radio illuminates with the "OFF" light on. All this happens at the same time. We've noticed especially when the ambient temperature is hot outside and the vehicle runs in stop/go traffic for a minimum of 10-15 miles, all the lights illuminate at the same time. After a period of 4-5 hours when the car is parked in the garage all three lights go out. The dealer has already replaced the following: the master cylinder, the ABS Module unit, the Brake Switch/Sensor, the Juncture Box. Everytime the dealer hooks up the diagnostic machine they get different codes that come up. So far they have had four different codes, the first one was 1446. I am really frustrated. The dealer has called the Ford Tech Hotline, but the dealer doesn't give me any confidence that they know what is going on. All they say is bring the car by and leave it with them to diagnose. I am very concerned and completely frustrated. Can you provide any help PLEASE! What should I do?

• Sponsors (?)

Tcs light, brake light, ABS light, low brake fluid light

Hey Melissa! Just wanted to see if you had time this weekend if you could send me the P/N's from the service ticket on the master cylinder and other related parts used to repair your problem (and mine). I gave the info to the dealer yesterday and scheduled the car in on Monday for them to take care of it. I'm not 100% sure they buy into the fix though. I'm thinking that they want to continue the checklist that the system is giving them for the codes. I'm urging them to call engineering. This needs to come to a conclusion soon. I'm really getting frustrated. Thanks, John