2010 Gt.... The Lock Cylinder Completely Fell Out

Kydude7

Apr 9, 2016
First off im new here and tryed to search for my issue before i made this post but no luck. I appolgize if i over looked it.

I've seen alot of differnt issue with cars with this is a first for me. I have a 2010 GT and I noticed yesterday the dinger that dings when you leave the key in the ignition wasn't working... didn't think much about it. When I got home I turned the car off and pulled the key out. The entire lock cylinder came out with it. This puzzled me a great deal. I put it back in and started the car. I can start the car and take it out and put it back in. Anyways I did some research and found out there is a spring loaded pin that hold this cylinder In and it isn't uncommon for them to break and have this issue.

My question is if I buy a new lock cylinder can i just pop it in the void and it lock in without any issues or do I have to take the column apart to install. Hoping aomeone else has had this issue and maybe they tried this. In my head it seems like it should work fine but at the same time it seems way to easy. Thanks for the help!

• Sponsors (?)