SOLD 2010 Kawasaki Z1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

XStang302x

Founding Member
Nov 2, 2000
Marietta, GA
As the title states, it's a 2010 Z1000 in excellent condition. The only modifications done to the bike are a set of Spiegler SS brake lines (orange) with HH pads in the front and aftermarket pads in the rear (standard composition). Braking performance is night and day different compared to the stock setup. Theres maybe 3k-4k miles on the brakes. Tires are Metzler M5's front and rear, with the rear having about 1-2k miles left on it. Oh, and there are set of swing arm spools as well...and I'm having a huge brain fart on the brand, but they are fairly small to make sure they don't bump the stock mufflers during suspension compression.

Oil was changed every 2-3k miles (or yearly if I didn't ride that much) with Motul 7100. Plugs were changed at the 8k mile mark, and all regular maintenance has been done. Spring time is when I typically swap out the air filter and get the throttle bodies sync'd, so there is that coming up. However, I maybe road 2k miles max last year and most likely less...I'll check my B trip meter when I get home as it marks every time I do an oil change and I did the last one around April 2015 I believe. Theres about 2 years on the coolant, just factory Kawachem stuff. Chain gets cleaned about every 300-500 miles and is in great shape.

Mileage - 14782
Color - white/orange
Title is clear and in-hand
I'm the original owner, and I purchased it new in 2011 with 0 miles.
Never been to the track, really just used up in the mountains and the occasional ride to work.

The "bad" : about 3 years ago I was letting it warm up in the driveway while I was getting the ramp up on the truck to take it to the mountains. I had it on a section of driveway that was on a slight decline and the handlebars weren't completely locked. After a minute of it warming up, gravity got the better of me and she fell over. At least I assume that's what happened, I wasn't standing next to it when it decided to fall. Most of the damage was just a scrape on the orange cowl piece, snapped ball on the clutch lever and a scuffed bar end. Those were all replaced. The only remaining evidence is a slight scuff on the left mirror, the matte black piece underneath the orange cowl has a light mark on it, and the alternator cover has some tiny marks on it. None of which are glaringly noticeable, so I didn't replace those pieces. I will supply pics of these areas when I get home. If you zoom in on one of the below pics, you can make out what I'm talking about.

Anyway, she runs perfectly and has truly been one of my favorite bikes I've ever owned. In the past year or two, life just hasn't allotted me the time to get out and enjoy her on a regular basis...so having two bikes is a bit overkill for me.

I'm looking to get her gone fairly quickly. I'm asking $5000.

I think that covers everything, if you have any questions send an email over to [email protected]

Z100005.jpg

Z100007.jpg

Z100008.jpg

Z100010.jpg

Z100011.jpg

Z100012.jpg

Z100013.jpg

Z100014.jpg

Z100015.jpg

Z100016.jpg

Z100017.jpg

Z100018.jpg

Z100019.jpg

Z100021.jpg

Z100022.jpg

Z100023.jpg

Z100024.jpg

Z100025.jpg

Z100001.jpg

Z100002.jpg

Z100003.jpg

Z100004.jpg

Z100020.jpg

No idea where this small paint chip came from....my guess is the key from the fuel door? Been there for years.
Z100026.jpg

This is just bar end wear from my gloves as my palm rests out there.

• Sponsors (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.