2010 Mustang?

The window sticker says the S197 Mustang is a sports car.

Charlie, I've looked everywhere on my window sticker, and was unable to locate any description/listing for being a sports car. :shrug:

In the meantime, here's everything that's listed under vehicle description.

MUSTANG

2005 GT Coupe Premium
4-Passenger Specialty
4.6L 3V OHC V8 Engine
5- Speed Manual Transmission

Exterior:
Torch Red Clearcoat
Interior:
Dark Charcoal Leather

• Sponsors (?)

Seriously Ford? Cmon pull your heads out of your asses. Chevy is releasing the camaro base v6 with 300hp. And the best you can do is 315 from the 4.6?

Any new 2010 GT owner better be on his game or a 3.6 V6 Camaro might be right along side....

base v6 camaro 300hp
base v6 mustang 205hp
Gt mustang 315hp......... :notnice: :nono:

Picture055.jpg

Perhaps 4-passenger specialty, and 4-passenger sports car. Are one in the same :shrug:

Attachments

• Picture055.jpg
    Picture055.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 115
Like anything new it will take time to adjust. Anytime I thought I didn't like a new car's styling - I'd later see it in person and think to myself - that actually looks better than I thought it would. I think the back of the car is angled out towards the bottom a little too much - kinda like a 350Z...BUT - I think if you were to put a rear ductail spoiler on it that aggressively angles back at the top it'd balance it out. I LOVE the rear 1/4 panels - the kick up is what the 2005 shoulda had! The hood is sweet, the front fascia gets a little busy for me but overal not bad - needs a chin spoiler! With some aftermarket tweaks it'd look amazing. Look forward to seeing the GT500 version.

J

:bs::notnice::shrug::notnice::notnice::Damnit:crapolacrapolacrapola:doh::crazy::puke: I hate this new style! That designer should take him and his designs back to Italy! The American designers who did the ones from 2005 until now had the handle on the OLD style STANG! Ford you need to get a grip! The style of the STANG OF TODAY AND THE ONES OF THE 60'S and your F 150's trucks are all that are keeping you in business! You better stay with what you have which is a BIG SUCCESS! and forget the Italian DUD!

Does not look like the Italian concept in overall shape. Looks more like the concept Mustang in 2004.
How many times do I have to say that in this forum? Does everyone have memory issues?

Not at all in my opinion. The 96-04s have that edgy cadillac look which I can't stand. The 2010 has smoother transitions between body features creating a smoother flow of the body.

You quoted something I wrote over a month ago. Now that I have seen the 2010 reveal photos, I'd say it takes the S197 architecture and applies the same "Superman" philosophy that Ford applied to the Fusion/Milan/MKZ/MKS styling. There is distinct European-inspired styling in the rear and front. It almost has the EUCD front-end angular shapes. Ford finally gets it right with LED sequential taillights AND a LED 3rd brake light. I just hope they used LED front/rear sidemarkers and LED turn signals because that would be 300 tons of awesome.

What I'd like to see are:

1). Factory optioned Homelink transmitter (I do NOT want to pay $400+ to have a dealership install a Homelink, its the same damn Gemtex mirror that everyone else uses and they manage to equip it with a Homelink)

2). Telescoping steering wheel

3). White LED DRL's, either something like halos with fiber optic rings or some other LED-based lighting that will last almost forever

4). It's time for a new engine. The modular V8 has had a run of almost 20 years (first debuted in 1990-1991 for the 1991 Town Car).

Everything else looks great though.

I think it looks the same as the 05 with a new hood and smaller, slightly different tail lights and nothing else. The interior is nothing grand. Just okay.

The power, like every other mustang (aside of the 03/04 cobra) is substandard, as the Mustang STILL will not compete with camaros and now the new challenger.

There is power to be made and Ford is tooling around with a 15 horsepower increase? I wonder if I will be able to handle that kind of G force.

I would not hold your breath on a 400hp V8. Unless things really change in detroit quick, your not gonna have ford spending capitol on a new V8, especally for a mustang only app. We're at the end of the HP wars, not the beginning. Last time around they didn't last long either.

I would not hold your breath on a 400hp V8. Unless things really change in detroit quick, your not gonna have ford spending capitol on a new V8, especally for a mustang only app. We're at the end of the HP wars, not the beginning. Last time around they didn't last long either.

FYI, it was already approved and paid for, long before the current economic meltdown took place, and has already been built. It's scheduled for production in both the 2010 F-150, and 2011 Mustang GT.

In addition, the 400HP (Coyote) 5.0L, will also include a 6 speed manual transmission, and will also get better fuel economy over the current 4.6L !

Ive heard both talk of the 5.0L and the 6.2L

honestly ford just needs to nut up and drop the 6.2L in since the camaro will end up with the LS3 anyway

Ford has already decided, that due to the 6.2 liter's larger displacement. That it would not be economical enough for the Mustang.

Therefore, the 6.2L will only see duty in the upcoming F-150 Raptor. Where as both the regular 2010 F-150, and 2011 Mustang GT, will get the 400HP (Coyote) 5.0 4V, with 6 speed manual transmission.