2011 5.0's

KevinMcC

Dec 4, 2013
Finally getting serious about getting me a 2011 5.0 6 speed.

Was curious about if anyone here has had any engine and or tranny issues? Google searches bring up a lot of horror stories. Between engine failure and tranny grinds and issues for this year.

• Sponsors (?)

We had a 2011 GT 6-speed shop car and the MT-82 transmission whined in all gears and got progressively got worse after 50+ dyno pulls. This has also been noticed on several other '11 customer cars, but we have not experienced a failure.
I have a 2011 Roush Supercharged Stage 3 @ 675 Ponies and have had no issues to date. Love the car and have participated in two Hot Rod Power Tours going the long haul...Had a blast and will be participating again in June...Give it a try!!! An experience of a life time..Mitch

My Roush is convertible and I love it..thanks for your comments...my Roush has about 13,000 miles...have you given any thought to trying the power Tour...Last year we had about 6000 cars involved....

I have thought about it, but at the same time I really dont care for crowds and traffic. Feels like I would be half having a blast seeing all the cars and scenery, and half miserable inside, lol.

2011 5.0 6-mt here. 55,000 miles. My car has been really good to me and I love it. Get quality tunes as some one mentioned earlier. I personally have steeda. The tranny is far from terrible, and just does not like to be rushed, especially while cold. I hear a fluid change greatly improves it and it's on my next to do list. Otherwise I have no complaints.

You may also want to think about a short throw shifter if you don't already have one. I seems a little more fluid and moves in to gear with a lot less motion...certainly quicker shifts..less movement..