2012 5.0 Engine Failure

ABFetter

Apr 13, 2015
Hi Guys and Gals,

I'm new to the forum. I have a 2012 5.0 that started knocking after my 55K oil change. I took it to the dealer only to find out that the motor needs to be replaced due to a rod knock. It is still under warranty, thank god, but Ford is only willing to replace the short block. After poking around several forums it seems that many people who have had similar issues, replaced the short block, only to later find out they needed a full long block replacement. Has anyone had a 5.0 short block warrantied? I am seriously considering ponying up the extra cash for new heads as well but would greatly appreciate any advice. It is definitely heart breaking to have an issue with a car I really love and have babied from day one. Its pretty alarming that so many people are having the same problem. I already had to replace the A/C compressor which seemed odd as well.

Thanks,
-Adam

• Sponsors (?)

When you tear down and engine for Warranty the technician finds what's wrong and does a "Cost cap analysis" and submits it to Ford Warranty claims called WEPA and they determine what and how it gets replaced. A rod knock will not require cylinder head replacement.