2012 Mustang Gt Tips.?

Warriors34

May 24, 2016
Hello everyone i been talkig to alot of friends of friends and they all say to join some fourms to learn more so here i am. I have a 2012 mustang gt and a 04 mustang gt ( buddy drives and is currently making payments on it, everything isin my name) im looking to beat the srt8 then eventually beating the hellcat in about 2-3 years i was looking at getting the boss 302 intake my main thing is i dont want to get rid of my warranty or break the bank, this is all for the 2012 the main thing i like to do is race the ricers and stuff like that. Also if u have anything for my 04 mustag gt id b very happy with any info on that as well

• Sponsors (?)

Rear control arms, are the arms that connect ther rear axle housing to the chassis. There are 3 1 upper and 2 lower. "doing" the means going into the differential not the transmission. As the saying goes "Speed is a matter of money. How fast do you want to go?" If you want to go fast you will have to spend an "assload" of money.

Rear control arms, are the arms that connect ther rear axle housing to the chassis. There are 3 1 upper and 2 lower. "doing" the means going into the differential not the transmission. As the saying goes "Speed is a matter of money. How fast do you want to go?" If you want to go fast you will have to spend an "assload" of money.

What is their purpose and where would u suggest buying them from and is it easy install or would shop need to.?

And yeah i totally understand that right now i just want to beat the srt8 i just beat a camaro ss yesterday and it was the best and funnest race ever.

What is ur opinion on nitrous.?

As I said the rear control arms connect the rear axle housing to the chassis. Ford, like all manufactures today are concerned about reducing NVH (noise vibration and harshness) as a result the rear control arms are flimsy and use soft, compliant rubber bushings. Under hard acceleration they flex and do a terrible job of planting the rear which causes poor traction and axle hop. Aftermarket arms are stronger and use much stiffer bushings which improves traction and eliminates axle hop. You can take it a step further and also buy LCA (lower control arms) relocation brackets which changes the angle of the arms and further improves traction. I installed these on my '12 Boss:http://www.americanmuscle.com/bmr-lca-poly-0512.html
However just about any brand of aftermarket arms will be big improvement over the stock arms. I usually buy from AmericanMuscle.com but you can buy them at any of the mustang suppliers such as Late Model Restoration, CJ' Pony Parts, there are others.They are all reputable and the prices are usually pretty close. I installed them myself on my back with the car up on jack stands. Just go on Youtube and watch a video of the installation and decide if you can handle it yourself .I know you are thinking that theses will not increase your horsepower and and your right, but you can spend an "assload" of money and build an 800hp engine but if you can't get that power to the pavement you will be wasting your money and your rear tires

Nitrous probably gives you the most H.P. per dollar, if you go with a high horsepower system, but for a high quality kit with everything you need to install it and make it as safe as possible you're still spending $700-800 or more plus installation plus $50-$60 bucks to refill the bottle. Even though today's systems are much safer for the engines then they were in the past, there could still be engine durability issues especially if you use it constantly, which for some reason I feel like you will. lol . You also need to make sure there is some place near you that can refill the tank. Then there is your safety and the safety of others to consider. When your instantly adding 100+ HP at the push of a button, it very easy to lose control of the car.

Two more things, since you bought the car used there is a possibility that some mods have already been done, so try to figure this out before you start buying parts. Second, is to figure out how the car was equipped from the factory. For example if the car was ordered with the optional 3.73 rear axle ratio I wouldn't touch the gears. However if it has the standard 3.31 rear you might think about an upgrade. You can enter yout vin # here:http://researchmaniacs.com/VIN-Number-Lookup/WindowSticker/Ford.html to see.
Good luck

Last edited:
I bought it from a ford dealership so they would have taken them off, i asked my dealer he said its all stock. What would the rear axle ratio be good for.? And alright cool thanks ill definitly look into the control arms. And as far as nitrous i would only use it when someone in a ricer thinks they have a fast car. My goal is to beat the srt 8 with 3 months from now. Im thinking getting the control arms, still on the fence about nitrous, a better cai, maybe exhaust, and a tune.

I bought it from a ford dealership so they would have taken them off,.
That is not necessarily the case true. There are plenty of used (and new) Mustangs on Ford Dealership lots with aftermarket upgrades. As long as the parts are legal , do not affect the warranty or violate emissions regs (such as an after market mufflers) , most dealerships will not go through the expense of replacing the parts with stock parts. That cost money, and would reduce the dealership's profit.
My goal is to beat the srt 8 with 3 months from now..
We do not advocate street racing on Stangnet, so don't do it. Its dangerous to yourself and others. Having said that, if you are talking about a stock SRT8 you should already be faster. Yes they have more HP but you are about 800lbs lighter.
What would the rear axle ratio be good for.?
Read this:
http://www.hotrod.com/how-to/transmission-drivetrain/how-gear-works/

Last edited: