2013 Mustang Gt Buyer

Techmen

Jun 26, 2015
I'm in my late 50's and decided it's time for 1 last hot rod. I'll sell my Focus for a 2012 or 2013 GT. I want an automatic and have some questions about the cars. It will be a daily driver and not raced.
Is the 2013 preferrable-skipping any price difference?
Any problem areas on 2012-2013 GTs?
Is the Performance Package worth it? Are the Brembos expensive to maintain?
Should I avoid a car with over 50K miles?
How can I tell if the car has been run real hard?
I want the loudest legal CA pipes-any suggestions?
Maybe a CAI too.
Can anybody recommend any shops in the Orange County CA area for installation?

• Sponsors (?)

We just did front brakes on a 14 with Brembos' OEM pads list for $604, yup you read that right $604 the owner had a maintenance and wear plan that covered the cost and told me to look up the prices of rotors. LOL. I'm sure there are aftermarket alternatives but will they dust, will they squeak, will they affect stopping distance, who knows? That is very subjective. All 11-14 mechanicals are the essentially the same no worse then the other.

We just did front brakes on a 14 with Brembos' OEM pads list for $604, yup you read that right $604 the owner had a maintenance and wear plan that covered the cost and told me to look up the prices of rotors. LOL. I'm sure there are aftermarket alternatives but will they dust, will they squeak, will they affect stopping distance, who knows? That is very subjective. All 11-14 mechanicals are the essentially the same no worse then the other.

600 bucks for just PADS? Would like to believe you but that sounds like a load of BS even for Brembo,

EDIT: Sounds like your forgetting to add in the amount of labor charged?