2015 Dealer Preview Guide

madspeed

Colonel Mustard
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
a van down by the river
Got this forwarded by the Treasurer of a local MCA. Dealer Preview guide.

uploadfromtaptalk1388707153960.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1388707170398.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1388707189598.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1388707203375.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Reactions: 1 user
That was the rumors before reveal, but Edmunds seems to have evidence to the contrary. Official specs are yet to be released, but I truly don't expect it to be wider and lighter given the IRS.
Hmmmm. I don't know. An all steel/cast iron live axle compared to an aluminum pumpkin with aluminum control arms ect, even at 70mm wider (2.75") it is totally possible that the IRS is actually lighter than the old live axle set-up.

Hmmmm. I don't know. An all steel/cast iron live axle compared to an aluminum pumpkin with aluminum control arms ect, even at 70mm wider it is totally possible that the IRS is actually lighter than the old live axle set-up.

Interesting. I hadn't thought of it that way. I'd be pleasantly surprised if it ends up being lighter as well as wider and equipped with IRS.

I'm pretty sure I read or saw a video (the Jay Leno one maybe?) that stated the GT is 200lbs lighter then the current model. Even though the wheel base is the same and the car is wider, it does have shorter over hangs front and rear. That has to save a few pounds. Plus there are ways to reduce weight other then reducing the size of the car, such as more extensive us of aluminum or fiberglass .

Last edited: