2015 Mustang Catches Fire, Ford Refuses To Help

• Sponsors (?)

What really gets me ruffled is the fact the tech found the melted wiring that started the fire - and now somehow it's not their fault? I don't get that

I personally don't have time to read the entire thread over there. So the car caught fire.... and the op over there also posted about their bazillion warranty issues and problems with their other ford cars. Call it bad luck or whatever but what can you really do? It seems that you only get one side of the story there so it is impossible to pass any judgment either way. Just trying to be objective

Reactions: 1 users
I mean it happens, things aren't always perfect but they [Ford] came back and said an engineer inspected the car and nothing was wrong.

Unless he set the car on fire himself, then it should be covered IMHO.

I'm almost positive that she was probably told not to comment further.

Either way, he should get a fire investigator and his insurance involved. You can't take a army on alone.

I'm a member over at SVTP and another members mustang caught in fire and Ford is refusing to help. I'll link to the original thread, but Ford denied any issue with their car, which is disappointing. It goes to reinforce that ford is like everyone, crapping on the little guy.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1045298
My car just caught on fire!
@FordCustSrvc have you heard of this?
looks like Deysha was involved in the thread over on svt
If Ford isn't he;ping that means the tech found something that the owner of the vehicle is leaving out of the thread.
Thank you for sharing and for your concern, guys. As you already know, a full investigation took place and it was found not to be due to any defective part. I cannot disclose the full findings as this is part of his private information. It will be up to him to share the actual findings. Thank you for your awesomeness as always!

Deysha

Reactions: 1 user
I personally don't have time to read the entire thread over there. So the car caught fire.... and the op over there also posted about their bazillion warranty issues and problems with their other ford cars. Call it bad luck or whatever but what can you really do? It seems that you only get one side of the story there so it is impossible to pass any judgment either way. Just trying to be objective
That's the problem with just one side of the story, it is only ONE side of the story. There are always two sides to every story sometimes more, and the truth usually lies somewhere in between. Sometimes there is an agenda when a story is told. I am glad the issue was resolved.
This is the first I have heard of this story and it looks like the link has been blocked. I assume that the thread over at svtperformance has been removed.

Its still there - guess the op is still waiting on a detailed support.

I might eat crow on this thread if it turns out to OP embellished or straight up lied.

I tend to take people at face value

Keeps getting weirder - he called insurance and said they demanded the deductible before they'd look at it.

Probably got catfished here. That guy is sounding more sketch now