2015 Mustang Hood Shake?

anfkev

Apr 10, 2015
So I'm noticing that when I'm on the interstate (going between 65-75) that my hood shakes if it's windy coming towards me, or if say, I pass a semi-truck. It looks like it's going to fly up on me.

I previously had an '06 mustang that would do the same thing, and I ended up having to buy hood pins because no matter how much they "adjusted" it, the shake wouldn't go away.

Is anyone else having this happen, and is there a good fix for it? I have an appointment set up at a dealership on Monday, but I'm afraid they're going to say "that's just how it is"...

• Sponsors (?)

I haven't noticed any measurable amount of hood shake with my personal car but have seen several others with similar problems to you. FWIW, I've been better than 130 mph on the road course and haven't seen the issue arise. I have adjusted the hood stops a little to make the gaps fit nicer than the factory had time to do so, perhaps that has helped and would be worth trying over taking it to the dealer for them to whoop the car out on the highway.

I had my 6 up to 110 (by the speedo anyway) last weekend and the hood shake was unnerving. I didn't note the RPM but the car seemed like it was pulling strongly and would have gone faster.