2016 Mustang Gt Auto With 3:55 Rear Track Times...

jelsis

Mar 31, 2005
Today I ran my car at Raceway Park in Old bridge N.J on a very hot day and was pleased with my results..

1st pass I held the traction switch up for 6 seconds until advance trac was totally disabled, put the trans in S and also put the car in track mode and steering in sport, I did a small burnout using the line lock and staged the car,I held the brake and got the rpms up to 1500, mashed the throttle on the 3rd yellow and cut a nice light, I hit a 2.01 60' and thats when all went to hell, the car didnt shift and seemed to bounce off the limiter which caused the car to fall flat on its face, I just coasted up to the finish at a blistering 22 seconds at 55mph. Maybe someone can tell me what I did wrong?

2nd pass I didnt hold the traction switch or even touch it, all I did was put the car in track mode and the shifter in D, I didnt even use the line lock, I did a quick power brake to clean off the stock tires and staged the car, I raised the rpms up to 1500 again by holding the brake and applying throttle, on the third yellow I stomped the pedal to the floor, cut another good light and just hoped it would shift and not embarrass me again, this time it shifted properly and I just held on and kept her centered, I was rewarded with a very respectable 2.01 60' 12.85et at 110mph on a hot and humid day, elevation was 1584 so corrected time at sea level would be 12.628 at 112.20 if you believe the drag times calculator.

3rd and final pass I was going to do everything the same as run 2 except that I would put the gear selector in S. I hit a 2.02 60' and ran 12.846 at 110.46 . The corrected times for 1325 elevation would be 12.663 at 112.078. I only posted the corrected numbers because some people and forums require a corrected time due to running in lets say Colorado and then running any of the tracks in NJ there would be a half a second difference using the same car.
IMG_3853.JPG
IMG_3851.JPG
IMG_3849.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

Good times! You running summer tires with 93 octane?

The only reason I can think of why it didn't shift, is if you accidentally hit one of the shift paddles in S and put the transmission into manual shift mode. It will not shift, even when you hit the limiter. I have not done a line lock burnout yet, so not sure if that could have something to do with it going into manual shift mode. But if you're sitting in S, and you see a 1 indicated on the screen, it's in manual shift mode. Put it back into D, then back into S and the 1 should go away.

I love that he still has a paper tag on it and already had it at the track. Very nice times for a stock car. Those automatics are doing work!

I love that he still has a paper tag on it and already had it at the track. Very nice times for a stock car. Those automatics are doing work!

Yeah they are! I thought I would like better over funner, but now I crave funner, the stick! I just need two mustangs already...