3.31,3.55,3.73 Gears Oh My

Flealess

Jan 31, 2016
So I have until Friday to figure out the gear ratio for the new 2016 I'm ordering. I did a search but nothing came up with what I want.
I have already test driven a new GT with the 3.31 rear. the car will see about 80% of its time at 75-85 mph (got to love Texas). It will be primarily a daily driver but, it will see events like big bend and SSCC open road races (sanctioned races). The last class I raced was the 100 mph class and I'm hoping to step it up from there. the ultimate goal would be 150 mph but that wont happen for a while. I think the 120 would be fine for the next few years but you never know. Now I don't need any hole shot and don't go to the track so the 3.73 are out right away (unless there's a good argument for the need at 100 plus). the 3.31 seemed fine but test drives are test drives. The big debate now is between 3.31 and the 3.55.

looking for opinions on the 3.55 gear with the 6 speed manual. any one out there with this combination want to chime in and let me know if you are happy with it and how does the car pull at 100 mph speeds (all legal of course) Currently running a GM product (Camaro) and most of the guys I go with are GM also.

Thanks,
Flea

• Sponsors (?)

I have an auto car, 3:55 gears and a Vortech JT trim. The car had zero issues on the half mile straight at the road course comfortable exceeding 140 mph. FWIW the car is still making power and pulling at 7500rpms on the gear changes. I have actually considered going back to the 3:15 gear set in mine to keep the car in 4th gear a little longer. (more of an automatic problem imho)

Hope that helps some?