3.73's are IN! Nice Job By Steeda!

94GTLaserRC

Squint as you approach, lest you be blinded by my
15 Year Member
It's awesome having a proven National Mustang Performance shop in driving distance from your home.

Put the gears in and have a couple comments.

1. The job was ANOTHER GREAT ONE by Steeda..no probs at all

2. The feeling is awesome, but IDK why, but I thought it would "feel" a little bit better compared to stock.. I may be thinking back when I put those in my 94 stang which was a DOG until the gears went in. I guess the original gearing is fairly decent where you dont feel the change as much. Nevertheless, Im still glad I did it.

3. Steeda's pricing was right in line with other shops I checked around here. They charged 4 hours labor time, and their price was only a little more than the lowest price I found around (from a place I never heard of before :lol: )

4. Steeda updated the Tune for the gears and firmed the shifts up even more. Now the car "feels" like a MT when it shifts..nice and quick/hard.

5. I went from 2100 RPM at 80mph to about 2500-2600, somewhere in that area.

6. One great benefit that I didnt know I would get is the loss of the slight drone I had at hwy speeds. Before, the little drone I had was occuring right about at 75-80 mph, which was about 2000 RPM.. NOW, 2000 RPM is about 60MPH. I dont drive that speed very much. Im either in the city, or about 75-80 on the hwy.. When cruising home the other day at that speed, car sounded as cool and quiet as stock until I got on it. NICE added benefit.

Overall I would say a nice bang for the buck mod for an AUTO car...still waiting to see how my mileage is affected.

RC

• Sponsors (?)

I have a 6MT with 3.73s. Most of my driving has been city since I got the car, and I get about 17-ish to 19-ish avg. mpg per tank. On the highway, I turn about 2250 at 70. MPG there is uncertain as I haven't done much strict highway driving, but it's in the mid 20s if I reset the computer.

Once the car gets more miles (1160 ish right now)...I'm sure it will loosen up and I should get about 21-23 avg. mpg per tank.

I have yet to be able to rip through the gears (or even approach redline) as it's like 12 degrees in Detroit. I have snow tires on but don't think those will help much with such cold temps.