3.8 Bogging Down On Acceleration

gorath33

Dec 6, 2014
Hey guys! My Mustang is currently bogging down under any type of acceleration. In neutral, however, I can rev it as much as I want and it sounds perfect. As soon as I switch into either reverse or drive, however, the engine immediately changes tones and starts running very rough. Switching back into neutral makes it sound fine again.

A little more background, around 6 months ago it was doing the same thing, and my mechanic told me my rods were misaligned in both heads and charged me $420 to fix it. This fixed it for a while. However, one day when I was a few hours from home, it began to overheat. As soon as the temperature started to near the red, I pulled over and shut the vehicle off. No coolant was missing or leaking anywhere. I waited 20-30 minutes, and drove home, and it never even began to get hot again. 3 days later it starts bogging on acceleration again, and is running very rough. When I first drive for the day, the car runs extremely rough. However, if I drive for a while, or multiple times, it seems to run better.

Any suggestions on what is wrong? I have no CE light in either.

• Sponsors (?)

Went to change fuel filter today, and found a surprise. It has no fuel filter. They took a piece of house between the 2 fuel lines and clamped them on. Will attempt to fix and put fuel filter on in morning.