300 RWHP with stock heads and cam

• Sponsors (?)

I dynoed 304rwhp/324rwtq with ported E7's, an e-cam and an edelbrock performer rpm manifold and no crazy tricks (smog pump bypassed).

Tell us more about the head's specifics and flow (who did them too) and the cam.
I'd love to see the dyno curve if that is possible also. That is about the most I've seen claimed from a non-pro race engine.

Tell us more about the head's specifics and flow (who did them too) and the cam.
I'd love to see the dyno curve if that is possible also. That is about the most I've seen claimed from a non-pro race engine.

I'm thinking it's a carb motor.

I made 262rwhp 328rwtq with Thumpers, Performer RPM intake and a .545/.545 218/224 114 cam through an AOD. It still had a/c and the stock fan too.

510784_234_full.jpg

GT40 Valves!

you said before you had stock valves...
congrats you car is pretty fast for what you have!

I know that this is an old post but I have to disagree. Athough I have the 88 GT stang which is stock 220hp, with my MSD setup with very bad, need to be replaced, falling plug wires, and my TFS Stage II Cam, I made barely over 300hp. That was just replacing my spark plugs. I can't wait to see the restored power after replacing cap and roter and new wires.

Oh yeah, I am running a Holley 600 Carb

Stock GT-40 Explorer heads, Torker II manifold, all I did was replace the springs with stronger ones made for that cam and did timing.

I'll be moving to a Victor Jr. Soon

IMHO the parts you listed will get ya in the 240whp range. I agree w/ Dman your going to have to change more than that to get 300rwhp. Most ppl w/ the trickflow top end kit on a 302 are making 290-300rwhp. 50 or 60whp is not easy to come by without major changes or nitrous.

The part above is what made me respond... not being mean or anything, just saying

Getting 300rwhp in peak numbers is much easier with a carb setup........but they don't have the bottom-mid range that an EFI does - and the EFI suffers peak numbers as a trade off. Can't compare EFI to carb, apples and oranges.

Also a GT40 head will make more power than an E7. My dads GT40 combo made great power and might even make more in my brothers daily driver (was doing 292 on a 100 degree humid day). I agree the curve is more important than the peak numbers!

I agree with you both...

It's funny how millions of people will tell me no no it won't work because you have to do this, and do that and blah blah blah <-- that point means I can give a crap LOLOL

I bought the stuff and it worked so hmm LOL. I believe power is all about what you add to the car and not trying to overdo it. Like the cam situtation. Pople told me I have to buy a stall converter... (I HAVE A FREAKIN 5 SPEED DUMBO!!!). Then others say that I have to buy heads because stock heads or gt-40 heads won't work with a Stage 2 tFS cam.... WHAT1!!!!??? Well at least I wasn't the one who bought a mustang and put skinnies on the back and big meaty tires on the front LOL

cleanLX has 230cfm pro-ported E7 heads (Power Heads with extra work), a custom Buddy Rawls cam and my ported stock intake with two uppers - a long and shorter runner version with long tubes. With a 60mm TB and a ported stock length upper he put down 280RWHP/330RWTQ. Switched to the shorter upper version intake and a 65mm TB and made 292RWHP/325RWTQ. That's the most I've seen documented (dynos) in a non-race engine running stock ported parts so far. Maybe others have similar results and will report.

Damn those heads were WORKED! A friend of mine did a set of e7s not that long ago and could only get them up to 220. Don't get me wrong that has potential for a stout 302. Do you have any idea how much money it cost to port them out to that extreme?

That actually folowd better than my out of the box Performer RPM heads (6025). They only flowed 215-220.