Fox 32 Valve Heads For Sbf

roworld

Feb 12, 2004
baltimore md
I just found a video on youtube (looks like a old video) of a company called Arao engineering that makes a 32 valve head for the sbf. Has anyone heard of this and how come its not catching on. Its seems like the performance gain would be alot compared to any aftermarket 2 valve head.

• Sponsors (?)

Look at the price tho. $8K for a pair of heads? And that doesn't include everything else needed for the install (gaskets etc). Compare that to a pair of $1200 sftermarket heads. And plus, aftermarket standard heads for the SBF engines flow remarkably well. And there are soo many different types out there. Some that can even be modified and ported further. Enough to make these 32V heads not worth the money. Also the simplicity of the design. These 32V heads look pretty complicated vs a standard head. If you ask me, these heads are not worth it.

Reactions: 1 user
From what I remember after reading about this a few years ago, the guy couldn't keep up with demand and people were having to wait for ridiculous amounts of time... something like that at least, there was something super shady going on.

Look at the price tho. $8K for a pair of heads? And that doesn't include everything else needed for the install (gaskets etc). Compare that to a pair of $1200 sftermarket heads. And plus, aftermarket standard heads for the SBF engines flow remarkably well. And there are soo many different types out there. Some that can even be modified and ported further. Enough to make these 32V heads not worth the money. Also the simplicity of the design. These 32V heads look pretty complicated vs a standard head. If you ask me, these heads are not worth it.
He nailed it. $8k is why they aren't catching on Ace.

Yea, so after reading a little info. This guy went to jail for multiple counts of fraud and his business went under. One guy showed a video of his almost brand new C6 that he sent to this Arao guy. Two years and $20K later it has no drivetrain in it along with a bunch of other missing parts.

You can get a complete set of Arias SBF Hemi heads for 10k$. That is for the whole kit and includes every last thing you need

Considering the technology in the Coyote engine, it would be my first choice for a crate engine package in comparison to a set of fancy heads on a SBF engine.

Its really not that much work to spin a 302 pushrod motor to 7500, just takes the right valvetrain.

The arao deal was a big pharse, no real world testing on them and i could only imagine the engineering growing pains that were overlooked on something like this in the average guys hadns

@84Ttop knows a little bit about spinning a pushrod engine to almost 9k RPM.

But isn't that impossible with the stock shortblock?
Valve train weight is key!

We spin the turbo motor to around 9800 to run it out the back

That's as much as my old Honda B16A used to spin, dude. I'm amazed and intrigued, truly. Details to satiate my curiosity?

363" high port motor
Grp aluminum rods
3.400 stroke 5.400 rod
Titanium intake valves with titanium locks and retainers
Manton pushrods
Bullet custom cam
Comp elite solid roller lifters

Has been 7.37@191 out the back

Lol bob and valve train weight and keeping the valve train under control is key to big rpm

But isn't that impossible with the stock shortblock?

No, the block wouldnt like it but it could be done. A local guy was spinning his stock bottom end 351c to 8000. 7500 really isnt all that radical... Kaase spun a junkyard 302 up to 7500 with p-38 heads on it for a car craft test a few years back

The price is kills a cool engineering idea. The power output probably is not better than a set of good heads and a supercharger. And the second combo could cost less. Too bad.

The price wouldnt be that far out if it was a proven tested part. That being said, i would put a good set of highports or 7721 edelbrocks against that head any day and i would bet they make 20-50 more HP on a NA engine then those 4v ones.