351 Cleveland Cobra Jet 4v Help

54fordf100

Dec 15, 2015
Hey everyone I am building a 351 cleveland right now I sent the motor to a machine shop here were I live told him what I wanted and my price engine cam back bored 30 over heads ported new cam springs all the good stuff crank all redone motor balanced . Now my question for you guys is I am running a comp thumper cam here is the part number cl32 601 5 he matched the springs valves everything but the rockers and push rods , he told me my stock rockers would work fine but it has me worried because my stock rockers only lift 419 from what I have read and the cam is 519/503 would someone please shine some light on this for me maybe I am missing something , also he told be that I wouldn't have to run headers that I could run stock exhaust manifolds on the motor now it's going in a 1954 ford f100 and there's not much room at all for headers thanks everyone's

• Sponsors (?)

well, that cam isn't gonna do anything other than make a bunch of noise and under achieve. running stock exhaust manifolds will only make it worse. the stock rocker arms have a slot in them that will only let the valve lift so much before the slot hits the rocker stud. get some long slot rocker arms, at the very least. better to run a full roller. please try to get some headers, as well. otherwise, get a smaller cam that doesn't rely so much on cylinder scavenging and crazy overlap periods