351c and a c6 in my 65?

• Sponsors (?)

it will go, BUT you need to mod the trans tunnel for the C6 to fit, and you need a special set of swap headers for the 351c. the motor will go on the 65 mounts, but not the tranny. my recomendation is to sell the C6 and get either a built C4, or a built AOD to run instead as both those trannies will fit much better than the C6 will.

rbohm said:
it will go, BUT you need to mod the trans tunnel for the C6 to fit, and you need a special set of swap headers for the 351c. the motor will go on the 65 mounts, but not the tranny. my recomendation is to sell the C6 and get either a built C4, or a built AOD to run instead as both those trannies will fit much better than the C6 will.

hmmmm...I used to have a c6 with a 351c in my 65 mustang and I didn't have a mod tunnel. I did however have a home fabbed tranny crossmember installed by the PO so I can not recommend an item to use for this particular swap.

on occasion they will fit, but that lvast majority of the time the tunnel needs some hammer work. remember that the early stangs were not perfect dimensionally, in fact often time they were barely with in factory tolerance.