4.10 Install Now Noisey

pete_05_gt

Feb 23, 2014
So I had my 4.10's installed now I have a noise. I know alot of times its a bad install but tell me what you think (I really don't want to take it back to the shop so I'm praying it's something else). When I'm driving through first through fourth gear no noise. Fifth gear around 40-45 mph up to about 55-60 mph I get like a growling whine like a bad bearing sound. From inside sounds like center of driveshaft or tranny tailshaft. I'm good 60-70 mph then from 70 mph+ I get a high pitch whine. Now these sounds only happen under load I let of throttle and the noise is gone. Anyone got any idea's other than bad install. I would assume a inproper pinion to ring gear contact pattern wound be constant even while coasting. Oh well fingers crossed.

• Sponsors (?)

It needs to be fixed if you want quiet. It wont really hurt the gears, it's just noisy. Gears on the 8.8 rear are very difficult to set up so that they are quiet. It's almost an art, some guys can do it and some guys can't, also there is something about the 4.10 gear ratio that makes them even harder to set up to be noise free.