4.6l Dohc Build Questions

I recently had my block machined, new Kellogg crank and pistons balanced, new C heads and have most other odds/ends in my garage.

I bought the engine torn down for what the previous owner thought was a rod knock or spun bearing but it was piston slap so there was no big issues. He really didnt know what he was doing so he tore the shortblock down and reused his heads on another block. He ended up buying brand new C heads and a brand new Kellogg crank. I picked up the engine in boxes for dirt cheap so that is the route I decided to go for my 1951 Ford F1 truck.

So I have a couple questions. What kind of pointers do you have for assembling the engine? I have assembled dozens of engines (OHV and OHC) but never a 4.6L. I have the timing chain and guides but they show slight signs of wear (not trashed) should I reuse them or is it absolutely necessary that I get new ones?

Any pointers would be great as far as cam timing/reference points. The cams are in the heads and the secondary chains are installed but I would like to check it before I button it all up.

• Sponsors (?)