4 Barrel intake and carb

19joel65

Nov 3, 2009
I want to re place my 2 barrel intake and carb (autolite 2100) and replace it with a 4 bbl intake.

1) are all the intake venturi holes the same diameter and if so what carb would be the best for this application? I want to use the vehicle as a daily driver for the time being.

• Sponsors (?)

2+2 GT Thanks, I feel like I am asking basic questions that I should know but until recently have been out of the Mustang loop. If I can't find a 1.08 can I settle for a 1.12?

2+2 GT Thanks, I feel like I am asking basic questions that I should know but until recently have been out of the Mustang loop. If I can't find a 1.08 can I settle for a 1.12?

The answer to this is both YES and NO!

It is yes if it is the mustang carb, the 1.12 intended for a small block.

It is a NO! if it is the emissions friendly carb intended for big blocks.

Some will claim it doesn't matter and other will claim the big block carb just won't run right.

I choose to stay away from the 1.12 and eventually lucked out on buying an engine that was taken apart but included the correct carb and a few other useful parts for me.

2+2 GT Thanks for the post.

I purchased an intake for a 289 that has four holes and stated it was correct for HiPo 289. would the 1.08 still work on this intake?

I hope you're not the one who bought that iron 289 4 bbl intake on ebay last week for $200 that the guy listed as a 289 Hi-po unit. If you were then you paid about $150 too much for it. Just me, but a better carb for it would be a Holley 570 SA.