40th Anniversary or bust...well I sure didn't bust.

Just got in and it was a BLAST :nice: Made it in friday and left just after the Charlie Daniels concert. That whole show was great. Lots of venders with plenty of parts even though most were abit pricey. CJ Pony had some of the best prices I found. Saw lots of parts I'd *like* to have. I loved watchin the G.T. 350 and T/A racing they had. I was as close to the fence as I could on the stretch just to listen to them at WOT and make myself deaf. I still havent decided on one car in particular I like the best. After walkin around awhile I finally stumbled across the Mustangs Depot setup and got to check out the coupe. That car is just so incredible w/ the bodykit and all. I especially loved that interior. I'd rank it among the top 5 cars there. Checked out everyone's favorite celebrity car Eleanor...it was ok I guess...I liked the new G.T. 350 better. I questioned about the side exit and he said it was re-eforced pretty well in those areas. Only thing I was dissappointed in was the burnout contest...not saying I wasn't impressed w/ the Colt 351 but out of thousands of mustangs we only got a handful who wanted to roast some tires? If I had a tranny in the Grande I'd have taken it with the back full of spare tires and popped a few down there w/o a second though. Anyone hear what happened to the Shinoda Boss? I figured maybe a fuel line caused it to catch on fire. One other question...I ran out of film before I got back to it but did anyone take any pics of a 65 or 66 fastback down one of the vender isles. It was black, Cobra front clip, Shelby hood and sidescoops, stock taillights w/ spoilered truck w/ shelby lettering, Edelbrock 454s(or similar) front and TTIIs on the back? I wanted so bad to get a pic of that car. It was gorgeous. But anyways I'll quit rambling on. See what other stories you guys might wanna share.

• Sponsors (?)

Me and my little brother missed the entire burnout contest, I was disappointed in the number of cars that put out as well, since I was hoping to see a portion of it. Oh well. if it hadnt' been for the fact that I left my 5.0 in dyersburg, I would've entered the contest myself, probably would've blown something apart though. I did hear that the Shinoda was pretty roasted after the fact. Sweet weekend, though

Yeah, the event was pretty kewl... All the dust sucked, and the burnout contest was kinda lame. I was tempted, but after abusing the car on the track Saturday, and knowing Monday held a 600 mile drive home, I didn't want to chance hurting it. :(
PICT0793th.JPG

Stang2Man said:
Wasnt' you on the track same time as a white focus and a black fox body with gold stripes?? Man that car was screaming. and if that is in fact your car in the pic, sweet ride. and it sounds awesome

Yep, that was me. Won an "Excellence" Award in the carshow, drove almost 2000 miles roundtrip, and did a couple opentrack sessions Saturday afternoon. Managed to hit 120 down the front straight. :nice: Video Link

BobV said:
Yeah, the event was pretty kewl... All the dust sucked, and the burnout contest was kinda lame. I was tempted, but after abusing the car on the track Saturday, and knowing Monday held a 600 mile drive home, I didn't want to chance hurting it. :(
PICT0793th.JPG

Very very nice car. After getting there I really regretted not takin my '66 even though it ain't a showcar. I just wanted to get in the burnout box down there. Oh well...I'll hit the 45th anniversary with everything I've got and I plan on winning there with what I bring.

TIGGER said:
I was there Friday and Saturday. What day was the burnout contest? What day did the Shinoda burn? What color was it?

It was sunday at around 12:20ish given their delays and constant changing the time when its suppose to take place. It was the 800hp Orangeish Boss car...it burned out along with the few others...still havent heard what happened to it...I still guess a fuel line was the cause. After it blistered the tires they pushed it off to the side after the fire was put out and it was started again and once again had to be extinguished.

Talked to Ford Today that big motor pushed out a breather and sprayed oil on to the hot headers and caused the fire most the damage was minimal and just alot of clean up but i still would not have to be the one to tell colletti that i just torched your quater of a million dollar toy