'65 Straight 6 Conversion To 302 Headers

I've got a '65 mustang that I've had for years that originally had a straight 6. Made the decision a decade ago or so to convert it to a V8. My brother started the process and for complicate reasons that aren't necessary to explain, he never finished the job. The straight 6 is long gone, and I've got a 302 V8 now for it. We've got most of the parts, but don't have headers or manifolds. I recall years ago having discussions with my brother about not being able to find headers that fit in the engine compartment with the new larger engine and the existing fender wells. I'd rather not get into cutting the fender wells. Anyone got a suggestion of headers that work in my scenario?

• Sponsors (?)

Engine compartment is the same for a 6 or a V8 .Headers are not a problem .You can run short headers ,that most seem to prefer, or even long tube headers .I usually run Headman long tube headers with little to no problems .
Try Y headers are another good option .

I also have headman longtube (1 5/8" diameter) I think. You'll have to put them in from the bottom side with the car off the ground. if you use smaller tube or tri y then you shouldn't have a problem. You may have to remove your starter for a little wiggle room and if you have a stick remove your z bar.

It's an automatic and the transmission is out right now. We won't have any issues with needing to remove parts to attach them. The engine is sitting in the car, but not fully bolted in and the other stuff like the starter isn't even put on yet. Those are all loose in the trunk or wherever. We will be pulling the engine out anyways since it is isn't done and needs some work and want to take this opportunity to address some rust issues under the hood and get the rest of the paint and body work done. The 302 isn't out of a mustang or a '60's era vehicle. It's newer, but I don't fully recall where my brother got it since that was years ago. This is the problem with having some start a project for you and not finish. My brother did attach a manifold on one side, but not the other, and we don't appear to have the other side with any of the parts that he gave us so we'll be scrapping that side.