Kiddrestoration

May 5, 2016
Hey guys i'm having some issues. I usually think my way through them, but today i decided I needed some input. so far I've replaced floor pans, doors outer wheel house fabricated new trunk, and replaced both quarters.
Here's my biggest issue so far. I thought my trunk lid was bent until I measured the curve on another mustang and found my NEW quarters are the problem. my trunk has curve, abd my quartes have NONE! causing an inch gap (vertically/ top to bottom) on both sides. I wish i could re-use parts of my old quarters but i'm really working with a rust bucket, who ever did previous body work to it never stopped the cancer (rust) just Bondoed over it and now it just.. well.. bondo..
This is my 1st restore, but luckily I have a little body experience (2yr) and grew up in my dads machine shop, and still have access to many metal working machines. Tonight im going to attempt to stretch the vertical lip inside the trunk with a metal stretcher to create a curve. i'm just really happy I didnt mess up a perfectly fine trunk lid. If this doesn't work back to the drawing board.
id appreciate any input or problems i may run into that I haven't thought of. or any ideas you experienced folks my have.

• Sponsors (?)