66 Mustang Wiper Switch Issue

Ron S

Mar 20, 2016
Replaced my old switch (1 speed) with a new one. I put power to it before I installed it in the dash, worked fine. Installed it in the dash with the original spacer and snugged it up with the bezel nut and wiper fascia.

Hooked my power back up and turned the ignition to on and the switch does not work. Although, I can feel an energy pulse going to the switch.

Removed it from the dash and it worked again, reinstalled and it did not. I have repeated this 5 times.......... and am at a lose for figuring out what's going on-----HELP!

Ron

• Sponsors (?)

Can you post a pic of the back of your switch with wires installed?
Have you installed a new harness too?
When you have the switch removed does it stop working just touching it to the dash also? Have you tried moving it around or the wires to see if you have a broken wire or loose terminal? Does it blow a fuse when installed. If moving it around while removed and in the run position doesn't affect it the I would suspect
1. It could be miswired (this would be my guess that two wires are reversed and its grounding out when you mount the switch).
2. Bad switch (even though its new it does happen).
Verify you have the right wires on the right terminals, If you do then I would next disconnect the switch and start checking the switch operation. Terminal E on the switch is ground - see if it is grounded to the metal body of the switch in any position?