'69 Front Frame Rail Installation

I am cutting/drilling my new motor mount pieces off of my shock towers to change the angle of them (the top of my shock towers are too wide).

Jim (sorry to keep bothering you)- would you be willing to take a few measurements to help locate these pieces front to back, along the frame rail, when I weld them back on?

• Sponsors (?)

Got some measurements . From the front cross member inside ,to the back upper A arm bolt hole center is 25 inches exactly .
_MG_4668.JPG
_MG_4669.JPG
from the top of the towers you will see a flat spot, this runs all the way to the bottom of the tower ,it is where the motor mount bracket is spot welded to the tower .It is the same as the distance between the upper A arm rear bolt holes tower to tower 27 1/2 inches .the best way here would be to cut a piece of pipe to fit between the towers at the rear A arm bolt holes and run a long piece of all thread through bolted on the outside of the towers ,or thread the pipe on the ends and bolt it ,this will keep the towers the correct distance apart.
_MG_4662.JPG
_MG_4666.JPG

This camera is driving me nuts :nonono: the focus just doesn't want to work. I hope you can make the pics out

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Yes it is,the tip is touching the inside of the front cross member, the 25 inch measurement is the center of the back A arm bolt hole. You may need a square to locate the center of the back hole . I figured the measurements need to come from the bolt holes to keep both sides the exact same .