'69 Resto-mod. New To Forum

LaMar Mack

Nov 1, 2014
Have a "not quite"-rolling chassis for a '69 coupe. Looking to do a resto mod. Getting started with the body work. My next "project" (read task) is to redo the front suspension. I got it after someone had changed it, now its pretty much trash....
Any suggestions on good front suspension, I can place on it? Also looking for some good brakes?

Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated

Thanks
20140922_083431.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

what is your intended use for the stang? street, strip, autocross? There are lots of different options out there for all sorts of budgets. If you're going the restomod route, that opens some options. For something more budget-minded and OEM style (but improved), there is the opentracker products. If you want to go coilovers/tubular control arms, there are a variety of choices: TCP, Global West, Street or Track, etc... Disc brake options range from Granada brakes to Wilwood/Baer systems. CJ pony has some package deals already put together, IIRC. There are also the Mustang Steve and Vintage Venom kits that allow you to use disc brake kits from 99 and up Mustangs. This should help you start in your research.

I will say this...Really take a look at your intend usage and budget. Plan your whole build out, phased over time and as money allows. This will hopefully keep your build on track in a focused/organized manner. If you don't, it is very easy to overspend, become overwhelmed, and have a project that does not progress.

Most importantly, do some reading and have fun! There are a lot of great resources on these forums...they have most certainly helped me out along the way.

Matt

Street is my goal. Like a Weekend cruiser. Nothing overly aggressive, but able to handle highway driving.
Appreciate the advice. Plan on making this a multi-year project (figure I'll need it, given the condition).
In regard to brakes, Wilwood/Baer (= higher end?) . Certainly not trying to break the bank, but don't want to get crap either... Look forward to more advice, and will continue updates as the project moves forward