70 mm t-body on a stock 92' intake?

• Sponsors (?)

keith black said:
my brothers parting out his car and wants to sell me his 70mm throttle body will it fit on my ported stock upper? thanks for your time keith

It'll fit, but you should port the opening at the intake to match the throttle body. You dont have to, but theres no point in putting on a 70mm TB if the intake is stock size (whatever that is :shrug: )

What other mods do you have? If you haven't done H/C/I or a power adder I'd stick with a 65mm TB because you'll lose some low end with a 70mm. Anyone feel free to correct me if im wrong. :nice:

EDIT: I forgot about the EGR spacer...you need to buy a 70mm EGR spacer

Right you will need the EGR spacer as well. If I'm not misstaken the stock intake inlet is something like 58MM, Im not 100% sure but I know that it isnt 70MM. If its like 20 bucks why not but I really don't see the point in it. The 65MM would be much better. Thats just me.

Actually, the opening in the upper is 63mm. You would need to open it up a bit then. The stock tb is 58mm, but the opening was larger. I thought I remember someone saying the stock egr plate is pretty big. Don't know the exact size, but I know that if it is not large enough, you could easily open that up too.