'79-'86 With true duals. How much HP pick-up??

I have a Stock '84 20th Anny with a fuel injected auto. I came across headers and an H-pipe off a '90 GT for a $100 and was planning on running straight pipes from the H-pipe back. Do you guys think I will pick up any horsepower with this combo? 10 maybe? Or more?
Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

$100 is too much for a stock header and H pipe setup anymore. Straight pipes off the cats don't sound real good either. You will need a double hump crossmember (don't spend above $30 for one) and the extra hangers for the driver side muffler and tail pipe to do it right. The CFI car's are notorious slugs. I'd seriously consider getting a totalled '89 and up 5.0 and swapping the entire driveline over into your body.

Jamie

Ranchero5.0 said:
$100 is too much for a stock header and H pipe setup anymore. Straight pipes off the cats don't sound real good either. You will need a double hump crossmember (don't spend above $30 for one) and the extra hangers for the driver side muffler and tail pipe to do it right. The CFI car's are notorious slugs. I'd seriously consider getting a totalled '89 and up 5.0 and swapping the entire driveline over into your body.

Jamie
Whats wrong with straight pipes from the cats?
I'm not looking to spend a fortune on this car, It my second Mustang. The big bucks go into my '98. I was thinking more along the lines of trick flow twisted wedge heads, Edlebrock air gap intake, and a good 600 CFM carb And if I can get my hands on a used 8.8 with 4:10's. I don't what kind of cam to get. Also I have no Idea of how to switch from a EFI to a carb with my auto. I know there's a website Fletchers but the article is kinda gay. I know this setup is kinda pricey as well but I plan to take my time and build it slowly. A part here apart there. I've had the car 6 years and have no mods and racked up a total of 850 miles on the car. A good mid/low 13 seconds would satisfy me for this ride.