Build Thread '83 T-top Coupe - Welding Holes in My Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

Nothing! We get no love for some reason. Probably because most guys want the fastest car and the verts are the heaviest. As you mature, you realize there is more to life than being the fastest kid on the block. :jester:
Says the guy pumping 400+ to the tire lol.

I like verts...just not as much as a notch,hatchback,or any form of T top. Now being able to cruise in the Florida sun,checking out girls in bikinis,with the top down....win!:banana: I

Reactions: 2 users
Well, well, hell!

I talked to the owner of the yard earlier in the week when he was still on vacation. He said he would be at the yard this Friday.

I drive up there, and no truck that he drives......and no owner of said truck......I can see my car through the fence. I wept:cry:.

I ask the guys at the small mechanics shop next door if they had seen him. Uhmmmmm......no.

BUT! They did know that when he got back from his vacation that he found his house had puked up his air conditioning and a few other things as well. He got back a couple days ago.

So instead of being at the yard fetching new bumpers, deck lid and right fender for me, he's off goofing around with his silly house. How inconsiderate!:fuss:

Soooooooooooooooooooo................I was hoping that by now I would have my little carburetor torn down and soaking in it's nice bath of carb cleaner (like I know it wants to!). Nope! Another night with the rats red bunion holes:eek:.

Maybe, just MAYBE, I'm being a little selfish here. I offered any help I could to the yard owner to appease my conscience.

So what the hell am I going to do with this weekend?!!!!

I could spend time with Doby, I suppose......:hitit:

I got a couple things in for Robby today, new seals for the t-top handles and a nice set of screws for the new dashpad which has yet to be delivered....I want it all, I want it all, and I want it now!

Four hours of sleep last night after the concert (which was surprisingly good to me) and a FULL day of work has left me a little bichy.:baby:

The media blasters called today as well to deliver the duofecta (kind of like a trifecta, but not). They got real busy and my little mustang door won't get cleaned up till Monday! Oh well, I was too tired to spend much time with it today (I tell myself while I'm :cry:)

I guess, oddly enough, tomorrow I will be working on Doby! Been awhile since I've been to that thread huh?

Reactions: 3 users
Says the guy pumping 400+ to the tire lol.

I like verts...just not as much as a notch,hatchback,or any form of T top. Now being able to cruise in the Florida sun,checking out girls in bikinis,with the top down....win!:banana: I

Lol. that's nothing down here. My buddy has a 92 with a blown 351 stroked out to 427 and he is over 800rwhp. The two other guys I hang out with have coupes- one puts down 550rwhp N/A and the other 625rwhp on Nitrous. They are always dogging me because I baby the car. while they are racing theirs up and down 95 against vettes, vipers, etc.

Reactions: 1 users
Well, well, hell!

I talked to the owner of the yard earlier in the week when he was still on vacation. He said he would be at the yard this Friday.

I drive up there, and no truck that he drives......and no owner of said truck......I can see my car through the fence. I wept:cry:.

I ask the guys at the small mechanics shop next door if they had seen him. Uhmmmmm......no.

BUT! They did know that when he got back from his vacation that he found his house had puked up his air conditioning and a few other things as well. He got back a couple days ago.

So instead of being at the yard fetching new bumpers, deck lid and right fender for me, he's off goofing around with his silly house. How inconsiderate!:fuss:

Soooooooooooooooooooo................I was hoping that by now I would have my little carburetor torn down and soaking in it's nice bath of carb cleaner (like I know it wants to!). Nope! Another night with the rats red bunion holes:eek:.

Maybe, just MAYBE, I'm being a little selfish here. I offered any help I could to the yard owner to appease my conscience.

So what the hell am I going to do with this weekend?!!!!

I could spend time with Doby, I suppose......:hitit:

I got a couple things in for Robby today, new seals for the t-top handles and a nice set of screws for the new dashpad which has yet to be delivered....I want it all, I want it all, and I want it now!

Four hours of sleep last night after the concert (which was surprisingly good to me) and a FULL day of work has left me a little bichy.:baby:

The media blasters called today as well to deliver the duofecta (kind of like a trifecta, but not). They got real busy and my little mustang door won't get cleaned up till Monday! Oh well, I was too tired to spend much time with it today (I tell myself while I'm :cry:)

I guess, oddly enough, tomorrow I will be working on Doby! Been awhile since I've been to that thread huh?

Who the Hell is Doby?!?!?!?!

lol

Reactions: 1 user
Fix't for ya Dave :D

All kidding aside (for the moment )
I'm a big fan of roby,looking forward to all the pain in the butt stuff you're going to have to do for a DD T-top. It's going to be fun lol ..But I'm glad to hear Doby is getting some attention again,even if it's a short project
He's sleep.

Reactions: 1 users
Fix't for ya Dave :D

All kidding aside (for the moment )
I'm a big fan of roby,looking forward to all the pain in the butt stuff you're going to have to do for a DD T-top. It's going to be fun lol ..But I'm glad to hear Doby is getting some attention again,even if it's a short project
Now chris, my comment was because Doby is a dirty ol btch. Doby is a she. So, of course we stupid men forget about the old girl when a new car comes along.

He's sleep.
I was, I had to pick up my boy from school, the football team went to Texas for their first game of the year. We beat that dang Texas team, btw.

Yeah, I'm starting to adjust back to work schedule myself. When I was off healing up I was getting where I could sleep until 8:00.. But after a month back at work I'm beating the alarm clock again. Yuck.

Yeah, I'm starting to adjust back to work schedule myself. When I was off healing up I was getting where I could sleep until 8:00.. But after a month back at work I'm beating the alarm clock again. Yuck.
Just think,.......you're in your 40's,....Only 20+ years to go before it'll be like it was last month forever.:nice:

Yes! said the thumb.

As for me,.....I got a surgery sometime in the distant future that will sideline me similarly,.....I cannot believe that I'm actually putting it off because I don't want to jeopardize anything at work. I actually like my job.

I figure that maybe I will be able to set a precedent there.......The BMW Genius job is targeted towards tech savvy 20 somethings.
I'll be the Gandalf of the genius community when I retire at 65-67.

I guess I'll start shopping for long white robes....

Ohh,....and @Davedacarpainter change your thread title please....

Everytime I read it I have to make myself stop making the noise that this thing makes in my head.

latest?cb=20151106045937

Just think,.......you're in your 40's,....Only 20+ years to go before it'll be like it was last month forever.:nice:

Yes! said the thumb.

As for me,.....I got a surgery sometime in the distant future that will sideline me similarly,.....I cannot believe that I'm actually putting it off because I don't want to jeopardize anything at work. I actually like my job.

I figure that maybe I will be able to set a precedent there.......The BMW Genius job is targeted towards tech savvy 20 somethings.
I'll be the Gandalf of the genius community when I retire at 65-67.

I guess I'll start shopping for long white robes....
That goatee will need some time to grow out too.

Status
Not open for further replies.