Build Thread '83 T-top Coupe - Welding Holes in My Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
1983_00018_01.jpg

:drool:

BTW Dave... I like this paint scheme better than the one with the pin-stripe. Straight line all the way down with zero pin-stripe. It looks cleaner.

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

@Noobz347 , you dont think the scoop would bolt onto an aero nosed car? Might not have as much room on each side as on the four eyed hood, but I think it would still fit.

I didn't realize you were talking about just the bump and not the whole hood. Yeah... with some minor alteration, it should fit.

I was thinking about how the hood noses differ between the years.

That looks badass BTW. :nice:

Love the chin spoiler too.

No skirts. Straight pipes... :drool:

If we were in the other thread, I'd say that it needed to be dropped another half an inch in the front.

Reactions: 1 user
I didn't realize you were talking about just the bump and not the whole hood. Yeah... with some minor alteration, it should fit.

I was thinking about how the hood noses differ between the years.

Der Noobz, who do you think I am, a Noobz? And yes, finding that pic kinda has me sold on adding a body color '83 bump on my hood. Cant do the center black as I have the two toned paint already. Tacky tacky tacky.

Der Noobz, who do you think I am, a Noobz? And yes, finding that pic kinda has me sold on adding a body color '83 bump on my hood. Cant do the center black as I have the two toned paint already. Tacky tacky tacky.

naw, I just figured you were going to go out and pull a Mike.

I DO WHAT I WANT! :fuss:
:think:

You know... bend space/time with an angle grinder and welding machine. :shrug:

Finishing up the UV damage repair, I'll sand this down with some 180 and then primer the whole panel. Maybe today.

I'll go back to the hood tomorrow, I want to let the clear harden up for a day or two. Who's for a silver stripe in the middle of the green GLX?
IMG_2174.JPG
image.jpg

Finishing up the UV damage repair, I'll sand this down with some 180 and then primer the whole panel. Maybe today.

I'll go back to the hood tomorrow, I want to let the clear harden up for a day or two. Who's for a silver stripe in the middle of the green GLX?
IMG_2174.JPG
image.jpg
Wow,......that looks really good.
My car looks good in spite of the bad environment and compressor/mike shortcomings. Fix the environment, remove the mechanical problems, and take my lack of site prep/ body work skill out of the equation , and all that leaves is you. When it's all you, you get excellence.

I like your green color choice. I think you need to let it be. It already contrasts enough by itself. Especially if there metallic in the green.

So I got the driver's side 1/4 trim in primer. Yes, black primer.

I'll sand it down with 400 grit tomorrow and spray the rocker guard on it. I might even paint it tomorrow.
IMG_2184.JPG
IMG_2185.JPG

Reactions: 4 users
naw, I just figured you were going to go out and pull a Mike.

I DO WHAT I WANT! :fuss:
:think:

You know... bend space/time with an angle grinder and welding machine. :shrug:

Tried that once. It still leans against the wall in my garage not finished with no car to be installed on when I do finish it. Now a days my body work consists of having someone else do it, and I bolt it on. Seems to work well.

Ok, i got a question about the sheen of the interior. Should i go completely matte? Or an eggshell?

The primer you see in the picture is far shinier than what it will be after paint. On new cars, it seams to be matte or eggshell.

I worry that matte would be too much as well. Or matte clear is chalky matte, flat, flat flat. No shine at all.

So you know, semi gloss is similar to the sheen of the primer. That's what i'm using on the grille and headlight buckets, as well as the middle of the hood.

Status
Not open for further replies.