Build Thread 84ttop: I Suck At Updating This Thread...

• Sponsors (?)

So Yellow Bullet is here and so are we...
From the staging lanes yesterday
IMG_20140829_103817615_HDR.jpg

And first round of qualifying last night
IMG_20140829_211527283.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
We made out well on Friday for the first day of YellowBullet. Our first two test passes were 5.14 and 5.17 to the 1/8th and both with 1.25 60' times. When it came to 1st round of qualifying last night we're leaning on the car a bit more. We were rewarded with 1.20 60'! The driver in the other lane was riding the wheelie of a lifetime and Kris pedaled the car worrying that the other driver was headed towards him. Even with pedaling we went 5.07 but the mph is down. We are currently sitting in the # 21 spot out of 43 X275 cars that are here. Today we are going to hopefully continue to improve our ET
Here was Q1 slip from last night
IMG_20140829_220553523_HDR.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
awesome I'll see you guys tonight or tomorrow at some point . will deff be there tonight but just incase I miss you guys there's tom

Being that high in qualifying is really saying something with the amount of guys in the area that are in the 275 class y'all will climb that ladder especially if you have a car that doesn't smash it's pan upon takeoff next to you lol

YellowBullet is in the books for us. Final standings put us at #38 in a 45 car field. The bump for #32 qualifier was 4.991… making this the first 32 car 4 second field. Overall I'm very pleased with how we did. We made conservative choices in the tune up and the car lives to race another day! With some more testing I feel that we can get this car solidly in the 4.9s if not .80's but that will take some time. We learned an aweful lot this weekend and this is one of the hardest heads up classes in drag radial racing period. Atco has an outlaw race in 3 weeks and we will be there to try our luck again. I don't want to take any big swings at the tune up that can wreck the rest of the season so we will continue to make baby steps. Overall a 1.20 60' and 5.07 makes me feel accomplished for our first X275 outing!

Reactions: 4 users
Man, it just goes to show you how bad some of these cars are out there. Nick probably has the fastest "street car" on stangnet, but has to fight to be competitive at the track. Great job man, that 5.07 pass is awesome. Can't wait to see you wear that time down.

Joe

Reactions: 1 users
Well done man! Tough is an understatement when it comes to this class. You guys did a hell of a job with the limited data you guys have on the car!

Reactions: 1 user