Build Thread 84ttop: I Suck At Updating This Thread...

• Sponsors (?)

is it time for WCF yet?!?!?
I can't wait . I hope nick makes it and you make the whole weekend so I can catch up with you guys . Will be at YB as well !

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Reactions: 1 user
we do plan to run again this year... hopefully the block stays in 1 piece this year. i think you will see a 8.2 deck SVA motor run in the 6's at over 200 this year

Reactions: 3 users
I haven't showed much in the way of an update on this car for a while. It's not that I wasn't working on it or don't love it anymore, it's more of a time issue. Life has been getting in the way recently and there isn't always a lot you can do about things like that. A lot has been changing over the past few months and will continue to change, all for the good.
So back to the car... It's alive and well, YsiB is installed and the car is ready to go! I type this as it is pouring rain and our plans to go to the track tonight are looking like they will be ruined :(
The car is sporting some new 4" magnaflow exhaust
2015-07-14 17.00.21.jpg

The headers while still looking banged up pretty bad were "fixed" I use the "fixed" term loosely here... They were more so bent back into some sort of usable shape and the collectors were replaced, lol
The motor and blower are all together now and ready to hurt some feelings, or at least I hope so!:flag:
2015-08-08 13.59.35.jpg

After all of this, some fresh seat belts were installed (why the heck do they expire anyway???:bs:) and we were all ready for a little street drive!

Reactions: 1 users
A few bolts later the front bumper was back on and we were off to take a cruise! Trailers are for race cars, we drive this one from shop to shop. We may have made a stop or two along the way but you'll see about that in a minute
Topping off the fuel cell before we headed out, From the garage it was stored in back to my house is just over 20 miles
2015-08-08 15.30.06.jpg

Sitting in traffic? Yeah, that's not an issue anymore... The highest coolant temps we saw while heading over was 142 degrees, it was 88 degrees outside for what it's worth. The neat part is when you romp on the car the coolant temps actually go down:confused::cool:
2015-08-08 15.55.34.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
So the new exhaust is loud... Not that is was quiet before with 3.5" exhaust but Holy Cow! My buddy Kris was driving the car back to the house and I was following him in my truck, I snapped this video and it was surprising to hear how loud the car was even from inside my truck driving 50mph with the windows down lol I will say that the sweet smell of Alcohol driving behind the car was pleasant:stupid:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi1V4sAfwmo

A few bolts later the front bumper was back on and we were off to take a cruise! Trailers are for race cars, we drive this one from shop to shop. We may have made a stop or two along the way but you'll see about that in a minute
Topping off the fuel cell before we headed out, From the garage it was stored in back to my house is just over 20 miles
2015-08-08 15.30.06.jpg

Sitting in traffic? Yeah, that's not an issue anymore... The highest coolant temps we saw while heading over was 142 degrees, it was 88 degrees outside for what it's worth. The neat part is when you romp on the car the coolant temps actually go down:confused::cool:
2015-08-08 15.55.34.jpg

Is that due to the alcohol?

Joe

What is a trip out in the car without a stop at the liquor store? Ok kids... DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE!!! Now that we are all being responsible we can stop at the liquor store so that we can have drinks after we are back at the house.

Ttops removed for the cruise of course!!!
2015-08-08 15.58.38.jpg
2015-08-08 15.58.57.jpg

Where else did we go? Lets see, we stopped for pizza and met some friends, drove to another buddies house and put about 50 miles on the car all together. Needless to say the only thing it needed after driving it was fuel, I will call this a success! lol Now it's time to get to the track and lay down some HP!!!!
Pizza
2015-08-08 19.15.46.jpg

At my buddy Scott's Place
2015-08-08 18.20.15.jpg

Finally back at home!
2015-08-08 23.52.47.jpg

Sorry for all the pictures... It was a good day!

Reactions: 5 users
Uhh,......????

On one thread, I'm bit chin about making a street car less drivable, now I gotta come up w/ a comment about a making race car more driveable?

This taxes my sensibilities.:O_o:

Running straight meth, you had to go through a buttload of it if you drove 50 miles. Why aren't you just running the engine dry? That's how I did it (it's how all the guys were doing it back then) The only fuel where the engine will cool itself coming back down the return road. No need for a tow back.

When your race car serves as a perfectly fine street car ..... That's when you know you've made it in life. Or you're just a Bad ass MF. One or the other . Lol

Uhh,......????

On one thread, I'm bit chin about making a street car less drivable, now I gotta come up w/ a comment about a making race car more driveable?

This taxes my sensibilities.:O_o:

Running straight meth, you had to go through a buttload of it if you drove 50 miles. Why aren't you just running the engine dry? That's how I did it (it's how all the guys were doing it back then) The only fuel where the engine will cool itself coming back down the return road. No need for a tow back.
Dry decking the motor is more of a commitment that I want to own up to. Especially with actually street driving the car it's not worth the chance to me.
We intend to drive the car to the lanes and back no different than last year, if nothing else keeping a little heat in the motor keeps the condensation out of the oil

and yes, it's very streetable. it runs better now than it ever has lol

as far as fuel economy goes, its about 2 miles to the gallon. 500 lb/hr injectors seem to have a negative effect on fuel economy or lack there of... Methanol is only 2 some dollars a gallon and I usually buy 2 or 3 drums at a time so it's not nearly as bad as years past running around on c16. For that matter, I've got 3 drums on methanol coming end of the week :D

I'd have to take the wing and chute off the back and embarrass any and all unsuspecting corvette drivers.. Oh wait, that's street racing. Nvrmnd... :leaving:

Reactions: 3 users
Without the wing, where would we eat chicken and burgers? @TOOLOW91 @Sharad @srtthis @MikeH686

That's funny.

I've got a buddy with a 108mm turbo camaro. He used to hustle people regularly in Houston until he put a chute on it because they wouldn't allow him on the track without it. I wish I could put it on him just once.. My only consolation is the reason he built that car so badass is he got tired of being spanked by a certain local terminator.. LOL.