Build Thread 84ttop: I Suck At Updating This Thread...

• Sponsors (?)

I hadn't checked this thread for a while or seen any updates until I commented on the UPR post. Car keeps getting cooler, And somehow even more streetable haha

Reactions: 1 users
I doubt that they do. I bet if you looked into it, you could find an outfit that is qualified to inspect and recertify your belts. It could turn out to be more trouble than just buying belts.
Nhra claims it's a matter of the stich ing degrading over time. RCI will restitch their belts one time at no cost if you save their voucher with the new belts. When new belts are only 109$ it's hardly worth waiting for them in the mail.
The thing that burns me up about that is our Cessna 152 Aerobat had the same Simpson belts for nearly 20 years and the FAA has no regulation on the matter of belt replacement vs time. You would think the FAA would be more informed on the matter of safety belts that the Nhra. ..

Reactions: 1 user
Nhra claims it's a matter of the stich ing degrading over time. RCI will restitch their belts one time at no cost if you save their voucher with the new belts. When new belts are only 109$ it's hardly worth waiting for them in the mail.
The thing that burns me up about that is our Cessna 152 Aerobat had the same Simpson belts for nearly 20 years and the FAA has no regulation on the matter of belt replacement vs time. You would think the FAA would be more informed on the matter of safety belts that the Nhra. ..

Don't I know it. I've inspected a lot of ancillary gear for aircraft. There are seat belts (and a ton of other things) that are in service that are 20 years older than I am.

Then again if the plane goes down I'd think the seat belts wouldn't really matter lol. Completely agree on the NHRA rule. We also have to do this with our seat belts in our heavy equipment at work. It is for our safety though and suppose it's a good idea:)

We came, hardly conquered and we left...
All kidding aside, we had a very productive outing to the track Friday night. This is the first time running the car on the new Ysi-b combo with the old school mickey t tires. There is a huge learning curve here, the chassis setup is totally different and so is the power. Once we got the car to hook off of the hit it was a matter of fighting shock adjustment to keep the tires planted past the 200' point. Once the timing was in we were blowing the tires off 200'+ out. On one pass the car even started to wheelie mid track after pedaling. All in all we are getting there and expect to be able to make some fast passes a2b on our next trip out. The 60' is getting to where we need it to be and all should be good for YellowBullet.
2015-08-21 17.37.58.jpg
2015-08-21 17.46.09.jpg

I'm working on getting some video up, have to get the files from a buddy of mine first.

Before everyone that already knows a little bit about Friday morning asks, i'll give you all the skinny. So 6:45 am friday morning a rule revision was released for yellow bullet just 13 days before the race banning the use of Methanol as a fuel. We had made the switch to run M1 over the winter and this meant for us and quite a few other guys that we could not race anymore... I'm pissed to put things lightly, all of our hard work and time spent putting a new combo together just to have it outlawed this close to the race is a buch of BS!!! Well here is news for those idiots... I'm still going, you're not going to hold us back... I might not be the fastest guy out there but the hell if I'm just going to roll over and give up. We will be running the car on E85 and I don't care if it needs 8 pistons at the end of the race, I'm going! @srtthis @TOOLOW91

Reactions: 6 users
ohh and **** cecil!
Cecil was quite accommodating when we were testing Friday, they made sure we got bumped to the front of the lanes and sprayed the track before us and a few other cars made passes. I will say that F*** DaveO for changing the rules so close to the race...

That's pretty low to do that. I'd imagine (like anything else) it's a political motive?
There is one guy that has been faster than every other car in the field hands down, he runs Methanol. The catch is, they will run just as fast on gas... When someone builds a car to the t of the rules, pushes it to the absolute maximum limit and is more prepared than everyone else, of course they will be the fastest out there... The last minute rule change intended to hurt one person affects a lot more of us who are on budgets and race as a hobby not as a lifestyle.