Build Thread 84ttop: I Suck At Updating This Thread...

There is no doubt that we could have went 4.80's wit the old setup. Don't get me wrong that would make the show but would never win a race. I want to win, lol. The x275 field has gone as fast as 4.46 and there are several other cars that have run in the .50's already. I would literally need to invest another 100K$ to compete on that level and that just isn't in the cards. With a few small changes I can fit in the Ultra Street rules and feel like we can be a front runner in the class. I can race with the Ysi in Ultra (biggest blower allowed in ultra street, hence the change) and still run the Xb105 for True Street events. I will still be able to street drive the car and have some flexibility to run both classes. There was a minimal expense to make the change to Ultra, pistons and injectors being the biggest ones. The learning curve will be a little steep being my first alcohol car physically doing some tuning on. All of the other alcohol cars have had huge PSI screw blowers and mechanical injection on 10.5w cars. I think we should get it all together in short time and hope to be testing as soon as the weather breaks in NJ in the middle of March.
add another one to that list in the .50's in 16 days! that lil 363 is going to haul ass!

• Sponsors (?)

I see some of the drag week guys making the commute on gasoline and switching tunes and fuel over to alco at the track to make traveling easier. Is that just too complicated in your case?
For what we are doing, switching is too complicated. I would need to run two sets of fuel rails and 16 injectors, two fuel systems ect. Unlike drag week, we can't work on the car after the cruise. In the lanes and making passes within 15 minutes and unable to open the hood, trunk etc. There won't be an issue driving the car around on alcohol, if anything it should run nice and cool!

Reactions: 1 user
For what we are doing, switching is too complicated. I would need to run two sets of fuel rails and 16 injectors, two fuel systems ect. Unlike drag week, we can't work on the car after the cruise. In the lanes and making passes within 15 minutes and unable to open the hood, trunk etc. There won't be an issue driving the car around on alcohol, if anything it should run nice and cool!

Ah. Didn't know the rules. Makes sense now.

Pretty neat that much horsepower driving around. Got to be tricky.

Ah. Didn't know the rules. Makes sense now.

Pretty neat that much horsepower driving around. Got to be tricky.
It really drives around like any other fox body, the tricky part is being responsible with that much hp on the open road. We have left the track on more than a few occasions to hit Walmart, the super market or liquor store for things that we need while at events. Making the car durable enough for street duty is the tricky part. With the advances in tuning and efi technology, the car starts right up, idles, cruises and can be driven almost anywhere (it does get 3 miles to the gallon though, hahahah) I've even gone as far as to drive the car in the rain and to Taco Bell to prove a point

Reactions: 1 user
It really drives around like any other fox body, the tricky part is being responsible with that much hp on the open road. We have left the track on more than a few occasions to hit Walmart, the super market or liquor store for things that we need while at events. Making the car durable enough for street duty is the tricky part. With the advances in tuning and efi technology, the car starts right up, idles, cruises and can be driven almost anywhere (it does get 3 miles to the gallon though, hahahah) I've even gone as far as to drive the car in the rain and to Taco Bell to prove a point

Wow 3 mpg! I thought mine was bad!:eek:

cool... lemme know how that pump works out. we have talked about going to a cable drive but not too sure how hard it is to run one of those cables to the back

He is the man , 5 mintues of talking with him i knew that was it . He also knows my friends here for years that were running ultra and 275.