Build Thread 84ttop: I Suck At Updating This Thread...

• Sponsors (?)

Nothing too crazy to report about the car... The nickel and dime fabrication has taken far more hours than I had anticipated. I'm hoping to have the car buttoned up tonight and running on Thursday so long as all goes well. I don't think I've ever had to order so many crazy AN fittings until I decided to re build my fuel system, I'll snap some pictures tonight because I can't even explain the parts I've been using lately lol. I need to have this car on the dyno and tuned by the end of the week so that we have at least one test session at our local track with the new combination before we let it all hang out in True Street. It will make a 7 second pass in street trim this year or we will blow it apart trying! We have even gone as far as to set up a local "Real Street" race at Atco that we will be sponsoring along with a friends chassis shop (same rules as True Street, just can't steal their name lol)

In other non car related news my new T shirts have showed up and personally I really like the new design. If any of you gents want to get your hands on one just shoot me a PM. I just want to cover my cost and the shipping cost which would put them at $12 to your door I currently have S - 2XL. Let me know what you guys think
IMG_20150420_213848.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
It's officially the 11th hour... With our first race of the season next friday it is crunch time. I've been working tirelessly every night for the past week 4-5 hours trying to get this thing done. It ain't right until you do it twice has to be my new motto... Maybe I've been taking cues from @madmike1157 :shrug: I haven't updated much of the progress because I've been far to busy in the shop working, so here goes.
First things first, PROCOMP can suck it... I've had really good luck for years with their cheap fabricated valve covers, until I go to use them on my junk wagon. How the hell do you miss the flange pattern on a set of valve covers to the point where I can only start 2 out of 6 bolts? I only find this out after I spent the time welding fittings on the stupid things only to wasting more of my time and money. WHATEVER:bang:

I called my buddy Booth over at Proform and had him send me out a pair of the cast Ford Racing valve covers that I know will fit. It's been a while since I've welded on cast aluminum, wait a minute, it's been a few months since I've welded on aluminum at all. It's been years since I've welded on cast aluminum let alone brand new polished cast aluminum. All in all they didn't turn out too bad, I have to polish them up where I welded on them but I managed to not burn the black painted pinstripe:nice:. The one thing that I can't say enough is the support that we get from all sorts of different manufactures is incredible and really does make a big difference in our racing program!
IMG_20150423_210001946.jpg

IMG_20150423_210010371_HDR.jpg
And yes... they are 16AN vents on the valve covers!

I finished welding the discharge piping last week as well, my Snycrowave hasn't had this much work to do in a while
IMG_20150422_093210883_HDR.jpg

Keep in mind that this is .058 tubing, 80 amps blows through this in about a millisecond flat if you're not careful

In other news, the fuel rails are mounted and fuel lines are plumbed. At this point I need to add fluids, plugs and a little luck to make some noise tonight

Reactions: 1 users