Progress Thread 88 Gt T-top- Project problem child

• Sponsors (?)

Found a little time to get the cobra bumper on. Had to deal with cleaning and painting the bumper support.

Also found out I have air shocks lol

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    693.9 KB · Views: 253
Reactions: 1 user
Hard to say at this point. I'm going inch by inch right now. If things go according to plan, I might start sanding right after the new year with a goal of spraying in the spring. It's gonna depend on how things go with the new baby and getting the house ready. We're working towards getting our house ready to sell.

For now I'm gonna focus on what I can. Hoping to get the steering wheel on this week and maybe make sure the horn/cruise work.

I'm on the hunt for some quarter glass to restore. Mine have streaks in the glass and those awful covers urithaned on.

'Ok, working on a "to do" list before I wanna start body work. It's a working list

Repair coil wire.
Replace quarter Windows *
Get whether stripping *
5 lug
Orifice hose and check for leaks
Replace right tail light housing*
Replace both side mirrors *
Paint center consol
Find gray hatch pad thing
Replace door sils
Replace tranny fluid
Possibly buy new/different fenders*
Replace door moldings *

Horn now works. My complet assembly was missing under the fender. Found one cheap. Bolted in. Done.

Also spent way too much time getting my hood latch to work correctly. The metal part on the hood had gotten bent, easy fix once I figured it out. Might do hood pins.

Also spent way too much time getting my hood latch to work correctly. The metal part on the hood had gotten bent
If it matters to you, it's called a striker.

Did you see that '88 t-top the new guy has? Now imagine yours black!

Good progress though man, your really clicking through the sht fast.

No worthwhile pics. But replaced the scuff plates with new , added the missing kick panel hardware. Man what a difference it makes when the interior is right.

Last edited:
Knocked another couple items off the list.

Replaced the coil wire. No change in how the car feels but I'm happier not having the wire held in by some half done repair.

Replaced the cruise control cable and clip. Now the cruise functions. I'll have a little adjusting to do cuz the throttle snags just a bit now.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    385.3 KB · Views: 229
Reactions: 1 users