Progress Thread 88 Gt T-top- Project problem child

Yup. Bit by bit. Hunting for quarter glass to restore now.

Gonna drive it till the baby comes in October, then 5 lug happens and if all goes well I'll start the body work.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Boy number 2.

Here is our first

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    143.1 KB · Views: 181
Reactions: 4 users
Ok. Sold the bullits and found a set of 98 Cobras. Once I'm done painting them back silver I'll be starting the 5 lug project.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    871.5 KB · Views: 204
Reactions: 2 users
Looking good bro! I like that your bringing some of the car back to stock and making all the little things work before doing the bigger modifications. The 5 lug will be worth the time, money, and effort. I love me a t-top, I miss my 87' t-top but it was too far gone and not worth it.
There is a guy in the local Mustang club that has a really clean 88' t-top with a stroker motor. It's really nice especially with really good body and paint work that was just done.
IMG_0338.JPG

Keep up the good work!

Reactions: 1 users
Looking good bro! I like that your bringing some of the car back to stock and making all the little things work before doing the bigger modifications. The 5 lug will be worth the time, money, and effort. I love me a t-top, I miss my 87' t-top but it was too far gone and not worth it.
There is a guy in the local Mustang club that has a really clean 88' t-top with a stroker motor. It's really nice especially with really good body and paint work that was just done.
IMG_0338.JPG

Keep up the good work!

Thanks! Trying to restore what I think was a nice car. I've seen too many cars that have hacked up everything to be ok with it.

Starting to want to ditch the cobra intake. A tubular would be sweet, but I got more important things to worry about .

I think a lot of people, including myself, think the Explorer intake is the most appealing intakes for our 5.0 when cleaned up real nice. So they try hard to make it work.

I agree. I've got a non-Chinese 93 cobra intake on my car but have always liked the Explorer, especially cleaned up and painted. When I saw one on CL for dirt cheap, I scooped it up. One of these days I may actually take my cobra intake off and put it on.

I agree. I've got a non-Chinese 93 cobra intake on my car but have always liked the Explorer, especially cleaned up and painted. When I saw one on CL for dirt cheap, I scooped it up. One of these days I may actually take my cobra intake off and put it on.
The lower is the same right? Cuz that could work. I'd need the egr thing right?

Finished painted the other 2 wheels tonight. Might add a bit more clear but we'll see. I did learn a neat trick, if the clear gets foggy, hit it with a heat gun and it clears right up.

Gotta finish the kids play room and build the crib then I'll be free to do the 5 lug stuff.. As free as I can be once the baby is here. Just gotta paint the rear calipers and it's go time. Gonna drive it over the weekend before she goes down for the winter.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    523.1 KB · Views: 166
The lower is the same right? Cuz that could work. I'd need the egr thing right?

Early explorer intakes have the EGR, and the lower intake from those models is what comes in the ford racing cobra intake kit sold back in the day.

The only thing you need to do is tap for the act sensor.

Key is the part number. Egr lowers have a -BA suffix, while non egr is -BB

2bb1cb43929f869b9f13a797b77eebe4.jpg

82898addfda5647e29f34798a5dc7f5d.jpg

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Finished painted the other 2 wheels tonight. Might add a bit more clear but we'll see. I did learn a neat trick, if the clear gets foggy, hit it with a heat gun and it clears right up.

Gotta finish the kids play room and build the crib then I'll be free to do the 5 lug stuff.. As free as I can be once the baby is here. Just gotta paint the rear calipers and it's go time. Gonna drive it over the weekend before she goes down for the winter.
You used Magic cards!? [emoji33]

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Yup, that's my neglected hobby. I have a box of junk cards, figured I'd get some use outta them.
Lol. I was trying to see what they were and I saw a bunch of land cards and some other things I couldn't decipher. I figured they were junk cards. I haven't played since high school.

The wheels came out great btw. [emoji106]

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Ok, some updates. Big one is my son was born on the 30th. Mom and baby are doing great, dad and big brother are very proud. I've gotten to sneak outside a little while everyone sleeps and get some stuff done.

Reactions: 4 users
Ok, some updates. Big one is my son was born on the 30th. Mom and baby are doing great, dad and big brother are very proud. I've gotten to sneak outside a little while everyone sleeps and get some stuff done.
Congratulations brother! Go give your wife a big high five from us!