Progress Thread 88 Gt T-top- Project problem child

Hadn't planned on messing with body stuff but I got antsy. Hoping each of the pics load.

I decided to ditch the Saleen spoiler for a cobra. Found one local for trade. Only issue was a snapped off and rusted bolt.

So I got busy. Dug out the bad fitting, filled the hole with fiber glass, leveled and made a hole big enough for the new fittings, glasses it in ( big bolt to keep the threads clean) , knocked it down again, minor blocking to get the corners back. Next week my buddy will weld the extra holes shut and that'll be it for body work for now. After that I'll start the 5 lug disc swap.

Attachments

• IMG_0589.JPG
    IMG_0589.JPG
    531.4 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_0590.JPG
    IMG_0590.JPG
    586.8 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_0598.JPG
    IMG_0598.JPG
    568.7 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_0599.JPG
    IMG_0599.JPG
    451.3 KB · Views: 225
  • Sponsors (?)

I have my third on the way, and am NOT looking forward to those long nights again. Good luck sir, may yours starting sleeping through the night before their first birthday.

No guarantee you ever get a full night sleep again. Got a 3 year old who gets up at 3am every night, and then wakes up at 5:30 am ready to start the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users
There's hope for you fellas, when they become teenagers they sleep about 18 hours a day. But then they go off soon after that and give you grandchildren.....

Have i ever told y'all why i drink?

Reactions: 4 users
No guarantee you ever get a full night sleep again. Got a 3 year old who gets up at 3am every night, and then wakes up at 5:30 am ready to start the day.

Lol, my three year old woke me up at 1AM to tell me he had to pee, and he is potty trained. He walked in and flipped on the light in the bathroom and proceeded to throw a fit because it hurt his eyes, lol. Ah, the good life. :cheers:

Lol, my three year old woke me up at 1AM to tell me he had to pee, and he is potty trained. He walked in and flipped on the light in the bathroom and proceeded to throw a fit because it hurt his eyes, lol. Ah, the good life. :cheers:

Been there, done that. Best one was a few weeks ago, he was came crying into the room at 2am because he went #2 on the bathroom floor. Claimed it just "fell out of him bum" when he was going #1.

You just gotta laugh.

Reactions: 1 user
Ok, decided to get the hands dirty and start the 5 lug. Got the rear pulled and drained and confirmed the gears. Gonna start getting it ready for paint and tear down.

Really not sure what order I should do it in.

Maybe pull the drums, install axles , put the cover back on. Pressure wash /wire wheel, paint, then install the disc.

Forgot the obligatory pics. Side note, praise God for a nice impact. Made pulling the rear easy.

Attachments

• IMG_0698.JPG
    IMG_0698.JPG
    648.9 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_0697.JPG
    IMG_0697.JPG
    524.7 KB · Views: 188
Reactions: 1 users
Ok, decided to get the hands dirty and start the 5 lug. Got the rear pulled and drained and confirmed the gears. Gonna start getting it ready for paint and tear down.

Really not sure what order I should do it in.

Maybe pull the drums, install axles , put the cover back on. Pressure wash /wire wheel, paint, then install the disc.
Is the differential and pinion gear still in the pumpkin? Then i'd do just what you said.

Ok, we have 5 lugs and discs.

Gonna try to start on the parking brake and get the cables ran before I get the rear back under it. But so far so good.

Side note, removing the drums without having to care was about the best feeling ever.

Attachments

• IMG_0753.JPG
    IMG_0753.JPG
    820.1 KB · Views: 187
Reactions: 1 users
Thanks guys. Remind me what sleep is again..

Congrats man... Been there done that twice.. Remember, you may not like the sleepless nights, trips the the doctor, and the other bumps in the road that come with the first year or so.. but you will look back in 10, 20 years and smile about all those times you held your chid in your arms. There is no more rewarding feeling in the world than to be a Dad and raise a child.

Reactions: 3 users