91 2.3l Turbo Mustang

Undeadknight26

May 19, 2013
Florida
Hey there! I'm "New" around here because i got my first car and don't really know too much about cars...I have a 91 2.3 liter turbo mustang and the turbo turbine is messed up. A friend of mine is giving me a 6.0 Powerstroke 2005 F-series turbo charger but I'm not sure it will fit...Any help with this? Just want to know if it will fit or not...

• Sponsors (?)

Hey there! I'm "New" around here because i got my first car and don't really know too much about cars...I have a 91 2.3 liter turbo mustang and the turbo turbine is messed up. A friend of mine is giving me a 6.0 Powerstroke 2005 F-series turbo charger but I'm not sure it will fit...Any help with this? Just want to know if it will fit or not...

Post some pics so we can see what you are working with. 2.3T engines weren't available in 91, so it is an aftermarket deal. That being the case, there is no easy answer without know exactly what you have.

Short answer is no. You can get the tubing you need welded up but it's larger than the stock ihi turbo. A popular mod was the t3/t4 hybrid turbo.

I believe I already have a t-3 turbo on it atm..I have to contact old seller for a build sheet on the current car...But sorry for the late reply I noticed it wouldn't work when I saw the flanges were different...I'm lookin for a good turbo for my car right now...A little bigger than a t-3...At the moment my t-3 is messed up so I have to replace it but for now it will drive alright.