Progress Thread 92 Coupe Resurrection Thread

• Sponsors (?)

So here are a few shots the painter sent me of the match. With having no clue of what color it really is and the first few attempts using the paint scanner not coming out, this looks really dang good.

218CED6F-B68F-406F-A029-6E0AF0E694FD_zpsfdw3dknq.jpg

66F56971-94E7-4213-B13D-5676E8879D84_zpseskpi0lz.jpg

I'll pick it up tonight and snap some pics of the car assembled (using the car fuel filler door as a color comparison)

Reactions: 2 users
Beautiful ! So much better

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks guys. It's not a 100% match if you get down on it. The fuel door and fenders look different even at that (just a tad). I believe a good clay bar, meguires ultimate compound and then some hi tech 26 wax will max it look excellent.

I had to drive it home through the remnants of the dang tropical storm (Yes, In SW MO we got hammered). Had massive flooding, run off, witnessed a few crashes etc. All while knowing I wire tucked it and had not got around to doing the inner fenders yet lol.

My goal tonight is to swap out the crap cut/chopped stockish springs for the FRPP C springs I've got on my bench. Mess with the rear brake bias more and maybe bleed them one more time just for :poo:s and giggles.

Driving it last night the brakes did feel nice. I was able to lock up the fronts very easy as expected with hardly any rear brake bias (knob is all the way out IIRC or maybe 2 turns in).

After this, I'm not touching this dang thing until maybe late winter. I'm going to drive it and enjoy it, well as much as you can enjoy a toy that runs 16's lol.

Thanks all!

After putting some miles on her last night I realized that ac, radio, head lights while operating a turn signal at night are a bad combo for the stock alt. I'll be ordering a 3G upgrade kit today and also go ahead and fix the leaky power steering pump and lines while I'm at it. I have a fellow fox enthusiast coming into town next weekend to sling some wrenches with me.

Let's face it, our cars are never done.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks all!

After putting some miles on her last night I realized that ac, radio, head lights while operating a turn signal at night are a bad combo for the stock alt. I'll be ordering a 3G upgrade kit today and also go ahead and fix the leaky power steering pump and lines while I'm at it. I have a fellow fox enthusiast coming into town next weekend to sling some wrenches with me.

Let's face it, our cars are never done.

The problem with these cars is once you finish one project, you get bored and say " hey what about this?" and then off you go. I actually feel wierd when it is a weekend and I DON'T have anything to tinker with on the car.

Sickness indeed.

Reactions: 1 users
Example- I'm looking at the engine and thinking, "you know what would look damn good there?" A VS3

Of course that would mean replacing the 30# injectors, MAF with 42's, getting a stock crank pulley, getting ir retuned for the supercharger, new plugs, an A/F bung welded onto the H pipe. and of course A/F, FP, and boost gauges

Just another $3k or so because 300rwhp is not enough

Oh, and then of course add in another 5-600 for a new TC with a 3000 speed stall for the AOD.

Must. Step. Away. From. The. Computer.

Reactions: 3 users
Yes I hear that. My engine bay is NO where near as nice as the rest of the car. It's still the factory red (not horrid looking), has a massive hole cut in the sheet metal behind the batter from the prior owners Turbo LSX combo. It's dirty and leaks oil like a GM (lol). I will address most of that this winter when we drop in the gt40 headed combo and swap out the aod for the t5.

It drives out nicely though. I rocked it today instead of my truck (13 fx4, fully loaded) as I have to head back to the alignment shop to make them redo their work from Saturday. They didn't bother to ensure the steering wheel was straight and my OCD won't allow that. Car drive straight but they need to do it right.

I'm starting to think it's the RED car curse here. Everything is having to be done twice in order to make it right lol. (brakes, paint, now alignment)

On a side note, I was able to work on the tail lights. The original drive side lens was "loose" and ready to fly off in typical fox body fashion. Plus BOTH tail light housings were broken by the license plate. I took a pair of LX tails I got with a HUGE parts lot from the donor car that my drivetrain came out of. I wish I would have gotten before pics as these lenses looked pretty rough. I used a drill buffer attachment and some Plastic X to buff them and they look amazing.

0AA8F0B4-2449-4778-AAD9-143DFC53C6F3_zpsec3dgbn2.jpg

11FEE415-91AC-4BEA-9449-2B3A91FC922C_zps3vg7woed.jpg

97D5A50E-9233-4136-8EE4-771C60A8A984_zpswhnazdjp.jpg

It's hard to see but the pass side I installed had some nasty gouges in it. I was able to polish them to where they are not as visible as before. These housings and lenses ended up being much better overall than what was on the car.

Oh and the painter's awesomeness struck again. This was installed in the driver side housing. Along with a LOOSE bulb actually inside of the housing.
63C106F6-60BC-43A4-BAE0-7BEB3F030C29_zps9dqkuyxt.jpg

Lucky for me the bulb that was left in the housing worked and I didn't have to make a parts store run lol.

3G alternator was ordered from LRS yesterday as were new door seals (noticed the pass side was in rough shape). I'll pick up a new power steering pump locally (easier for warranty) and get to cracking on that stuff this weekend.

Reactions: 1 user
Well I've been having slight issues keeping the car cool (to my liking) with the ac on. It acted as if the tstat would work for a while then stick and not work very well. (no rhyme or reason for it). Anyway I picked up a 180* and was going to swap it out yesterday. As I cracked the radiator cap I noticed this.
CD819FE4-6094-47B2-B0F1-FDCB721B9886_zps0bnl55wy.jpg
It's not oil but dirty, gunk, and just random nastiness.

So I decided at that point a 3 core can be here today (have a buddy bringing the heads, cam and t5 swap up and has a LRS 3 core with dual elec fans). Anyway after digging more into the car, it still has all the 1990 stamped hoses (had a 91 vert as a donor for the drivetrain). Oddly none of them were what I would consider spongy but I am going to replace them regardless. So I removed all of that, started removing the alt and power steering pump for their replacements (3g and new power steering that doesn't leak).

I think I'm going to go ahead and spend the 40 bucks on a new water pump today as well. No need to be this far in and trust the one that's on there. There is some gunk around the weep hole so I'm sure it's on borrowed time.

So here is where I stand. I spent a lot of time de-gunking the factory brackets. I'm not going to bother to paint them at this point as We will build the spare motor to drop in (it has full brackets etc). I'm just looking to make this reliable in 100* heat with the ac blasting in traffic. (yes, I'm getting old and don't like to sweat lol).

4C279923-EFDF-4593-8B23-29B9C100039F_zps42qq0qxf.jpg

You can see the front seal on the ps pump has leaked for who knows how long. It even had the original ford t-stat in it. Nothing on this car had ever been changed (well this engine as this car itself has been a bastard LSX car in it's life)

Anyway, I have a spare set of hands tonight so I hope to get the majority of the work done if not all of it. I don't think we will have a fan controller so I'll wire it up to a switch for now (have ran a switch in the past w/o issues). I may wire one fan to work all the time and fan 2 on the switch. We will see. Unless O'Reilly's sells a fan controller that is.

Just make sure that the oreilly controller will handle the load of the fans.

My car still gets hot sometimes. I have giant fans, giant radiator, and a new water pump. Wonder if my t stat is bad too?