Engine 93 lx top end kit install now has no power.

trying to figure it out by taste cuz everything else isn't working. I'm going to disconnect the h pipe and start the car with open headers for a few to see what side the water is leaking from and I guess start pulling it apart for head gaskets
Do you use regular ole [green] antifreeze?

Also... Can you post an image of your firewall and the top of the header on the passenger side? It might be tough to get a snap of.

I'm going to have to back through the thread and see what was talked about. I've forgotten. :p

• Sponsors (?)

Do you use regular ole [green] antifreeze?

Also... Can you post an image of your firewall and the top of the header on the passenger side? It might be tough to get a snap of.

I'm going to have to back through the thread and see what was talked about. I've forgotten. :p
Ya just the green antifreeze and water, I'm sure there's a lot more distilled water than there is antifreeze. I can take some pics when I get home, The pictures I posted now are from when I did the top end kit. Don't mind the fuel pressure gauge just laying there that was just for start up, and all the wiring has since been cleaned up. I do have a question. I got the trick flow gasket set that has like the rubber around the ports built into the gasket, do you still need to use silicone around the water porch with those gaskets?

Attachments

• PXL_20230320_221050361.jpg
    PXL_20230320_221050361.jpg
    910 KB · Views: 52
  • PXL_20230319_214008154.jpg
    PXL_20230319_214008154.jpg
    879.4 KB · Views: 62
Are you actually losing coolant? I have literally seen vehicles pour water out of the exhaust.
So yes I'm losing coolant but now I also figured out the bottom of the water pump gasket is leaking so that could be the coolant loss. The water coming out of the tailpipes is clear water. What's in the radiator is green mixed with distilled water. Also last night I pulled the h pipe off, started the car and let it warm up to temperature with open headers and not a drop of water came out of the headers.so it's got to be somehow the exhaust somewhere is full of water

Reactions: 1 user
Looking through your images:

It looks like you have eliminated the water pass-through for the TB. (can't pickup anything there then, can ya? :O_o: )

What do you got going on here?

1697587982129.png

1697588074963.png
That's the pcv feed line goes to the T, one end goes to the throttle body other to the charcoal canister. That's how the Holley systemax instructions say to route it. But it was pulling some oil into the throttle body so now it runs thru a small oil separator first then back to the TB

• Ah yes, I see.  I see.
Reactions: 1 user
Well guys, I don't know for sure what it was but it had to have been a head gasket or intake gasket, because it's fixed now and the car's flying! Those trick flow 11R heads and that 125 shot are working good

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 1 users