93lx 2.3 Starting Issues

tonyzz

May 3, 2014
Hello
I my 93 lx 2.3 is having issues starting and running until warm. Once I get it running and warm its OK. But before that I sputter and stalls. I press the gas and sometimes that makes it stall sooner. I check fuel pump and pressure both where OK I changed the did modules still them same. I also changed the ecm I believe its name is as my tach was all over the place and bouncing. Not sure what else to check. I tried seafoam in gas about the same. The car only does this when is a cold start 1st thing when ever that is morning or afternoon. I want to get her back on the road hut don't want to wait 5 or so minutes of cracking and running to move.

Any help on where to look would be great

I also changed the plugs and wires, oil and coolant as it sat for about 8 months

• Sponsors (?)

You need to pull codes. That is step one and we cant help until you have done this step.

A tachometer issue often points to a coil pack issue with these cars. A faulty Coolant temp sensor is also a common cold start problem.

I ran codes two different times and all I get 11 which I believe is no issues. I am going to try and clean my IAC module. A friend mentioned to clean it with carb cleaner

Cleaning the iac isn't a bad idea but doesn't really fit the symptoms to make me feel like it will solve the problem.

I would probably start by checking for vacuum leaks, the most common cause of surging idle problems.