94 F150 Tranny help?

JonezySN95

May 18, 2011
J-ville NC
I just bought a 94 F150 2x4 flareside with a 351w from a friend that needed some cash. It has a burnt tranny and needs replaced. Now I dont know much about these trucks since im a mustang "5-speed" guy so im venturing in unknown territory. I do know that the tranny in it is an E4OD. I also know that unless you gut the tranny and replace the neck you can NOT use a 4x4 tranny. I have also read that the 4R100 is the updated e4od, and that you can actually use it in place of the e4od you will just have some electrical connectors not hooked up (from either the harness side or tranny side not really sure). Is this true? Will the 4R100 "fit" in place of the e4od, and does my truck have all the proper wiring/computer to operate it?

PS: I am trying to fix it to sell it. I dont want the truck just hopefully make a profit off of it so the cheaper effective route the better. Thanks in advance everyone.

• Sponsors (?)

If you are fixing it to sell it, I'd suggest going the easy route of swapping in a used junkyard E4OD. Many people will hesitate to buy a vehicle that has been modified with powertrain parts that are not stock (obviously besides a performance build).