94 Gt Conv

OVAL BLUE

Active User
May 24, 2016
Springfield,il
I got car after a 5-speed to auto conv.by previous owner. Had been inactive for 12 yrs. 111K on the clock, freshnd motor from the crank up. OEM. As Henry built it, the car is perfect in every way w/papers to match. I am going to add hp from stock 245 to 345 or +100
I really like TFS.
I want to stress that I am going to add HP.
I currently run stock 8.8 3.08 rear end and do not wish to change.
Car is sluggish after 120, not giving up, just needs more flow.
I had a 289 carb motor and I wonder if a conversion is feasible. Not my motor, 1966 289 w/4-sp. Other than motor mounts, u-joint, and 12Vwiring I think it will run. Comments welcome.
Tune, Tune Tune.
Anyone know about a tuner for 94's, even a rumor, Please contact me.
A tune would do me.
I guess my question is do I go w the 289 switch or heads,cam, etc on my 5.0. Rev limiters are incorporated for a purpose. Why didn't my zuki stop at 18K. Honda premiered a 25cc 4cyl 25K RPM motor in Popular Mechanics in 1965. That's the feel I get w the 289. Rev potential.
The 5.0 cant scream>computer.
I would love to first solve the computer issue and give the 5.0 a chance.
I love em both, I know one will get me there.(140 mph/7 sec.)
Appreciate all comments, constructive analogy and dialog is usually the best
No Htrs

• Sponsors (?)

Yes it can be tuned with either a chip, piggyback tuner, or replacement computer. The 94-95 EEC is known to be quirky when performance mods are done to the car.

No- never heard of a P.M.S. tune package

List the modifications made to the car so that we can get a better understanding of what was done and what you are looking for.. Your best bet is to find a local tuner that can tune the car on a dyno for idle, partial WOT, and WOT. If that is not feasable, then I would recomend Chris Johnson at SCT. Avoid BAMA tunes.

I read about the PMS on this forum, it looks like it might be piggy back. Price was 1k, and it listed a lot of parameters that it controlled
No mods on my pony, its just as it left the factory ,other than the smog pump is gone and it is shortbelted.