SN95 94 Gt Totalled By Drunk Driver/ins Q's/prepare Me For The Worst.

Small update.

In the little over a week since it happened, the drunks insurance adjuster did absolutely nothing.

She didn't get the police event report (I had it since last Wednesday, scanned and saved so I emailed it to her), didn't speak with the drunk.

She did however inform me my car is a total loss, and that once she places her drunk at the scene (with police report), she'll let me know.

• Sponsors (?)

Oh I didn't realize you weren't in the car, and it was just parked!

Years ago I also had a drunk run into my Explorer, which was parked in front of my house on a dead end street in a sleepy suburban neighborhood. Go figure? Even the cops were like "what are the odds of that"? He tried to drive away also, but fortunately he messed up his steering in whacking into my truck and couldn't turn around and get away. It was some young college kid who had been partying hard and was coming to find some girl who supposedly lived in my neighborhood. It was his 1st offence, but because he tried to drive away they took away his license for 3 years. My Exploder wasn't too badly damaged and was easily fixable, but unfortunately it ended up costing me later down the road when I sold it and it had an accident on it's record. Resale is one of those hidden costs of being in an accident.
Wasn't in Denton was it?

Last edited:
for future insurance check out Hagerty , I have mine insured for what I have into it and there rates are reasonable , also they arent into totalling cars they will do there best to make sure it gets fixed ,
Sorry to step on your thread op but Hagerty is something I've been thinking about. Only has liability now because even if I went w reg full coverage I'd only get a few grand on the high end if totaled. So Hagerty takes into account things such as paint, wheels, supercharger, etc?

yes they do i had to make a list of everything done and supply pictures of engine interior trunk wheels and all sides of the car , they let you insure it for what you thinks its worth , as long as the pictures back it up. call them up , they are really good to deal with

yes they do i had to make a list of everything done and supply pictures of engine interior trunk wheels and all sides of the car , they let you insure it for what you thinks its worth , as long as the pictures back it up. call them up , they are really good to deal with

Keep in mind that Hagerty and other insurers who will insure your car as a "classic car" have some restrictions about the fact that you need to prove its a pleasure car, have it garaged, not drive it to work, and some other things.. So you need to make sure you qualify. But if you do.. it becomes an "agreed value" policy where you basically pay a premium based on the fact that you both agree they will pay you "however much" for your car if it is ever a total loss. With Hagerty, I think their minimum policy is a $10k value for your car.